So I had met this guy in the local pub a few months back and he was a new business man to the area, so he kept to himself. I had started a thing with another guy for a short time so hadn't seen the other guy around for a bit. I start to go back to the pub and realise that this guy has been going a lot lately, and he has come right out of his shell, and is a very funny guy, I am suddenly kinda interested in this guy more than am willing to admit. I chat to him a fair bit and he laughs at my jokes and sarcasim he seems to enjoy. He wants to play pool with me not my friend, and later I drop him home. The next day there is a function at the pub I know he was going to go to, and I have to work, so I get his number and txt him to ask him to get me in later. He does not answer. I shrug it off and go anyway. Later I check my phone and he has txt me, just at that time he rings me, he had fallen asleep. I ask him to come down, and he does ..its midnight but he still comes. Things finish off in the pub and he asks me bak to his, we drink some more and talk and laugh. I stay till 6am, the next day i txt him to say hi, he has already said he hates txting and is not into any relationships at all. I am surprised when he replies then asks me if I want to come up for the evening. Again we drink and laugh and talk, I stay for a while, and then I have to go home. I leave it a few days because I know he is a busy business man but I want him to know I enjoyed things but don't want to be to pushy and scare him off. I txt him to say hi and hint at another meeting, he replies his sister is back and he is not sure when the next time will be. I then reply well a drink and chat at the pub would be cool, txt me if you want company nxt time your down. He did not reply. Is this because he has taken it literally to be next time he wants me there to txt, or is he trying to brush me off, I am not sure, was he interested in the start or am I just being impatient and not letting it takes its course?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 20th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
"There's nowt so queer as fowk" as the old Yorkshire saying goes...

It takes all sorts to make a world and it would be a boring old place if we were all alike. That is the trouble though, we are all different, from different backgrounds and different education levels often communicating differently...

Give some people half a chance and they can make your native language seem like an alien tongue...
OR maybe they speak in code...

As if that isn't enough of a problem some people hear an entirely different thing to what you just said or thought you said!

Plain language is best. If you want a reply from a text message you need to say so: if you merely want an acknowledgment it is wise to request delivery reports from your service provider...
|
Did you find this post helpful?