Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Diabetes Forum

Intentional high blood sugar

hi, im looking for immediate help!! for these past weeks i have not been taking inuslin because i was gaining a lot of weoght. i am very worried my blood sugar is very high and i have a lot of symptoms like thirst , peeing a lot cant see very well. what can i do to control my blood sugar and keep everythong on track and be healthy again without goin to hospital....pls i need help..the sooner you respond the better. Thankx
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile kfkohio
|

User Profile
replied April 28th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Do you have some insulin? You need to give yourself a shot and keep doing it until your blood sugar comes down. It is VERY dangerous to not take your insulin. We have a local teenager who DIED because he forgot to take his insulin on a weekend trip. You need to either take some isulin or go to the emergency room...or both.
|

replied May 12th, 2009
Helpy,

I hope that you have started taking your insulin again. If you are concerned about weight gain, then you can try exercising and eating less carbs. But taking your insulin will not solve the problem. Eventually all that sugar will get processed anyway, but in the meantime you will feel horrible.

|

replied September 13th, 2009
Carbs aren't the problem. Meat, dairy and heavily processed foods are. Dump the animal products, the msg and all that other junk in your food and eat a whole foods plant based diet.. Exercise daily.
|

replied March 27th, 2011
She's a diabetic and needs insulin. Not eating processed food won't cure diabetes, my friend. I know you meant well, but she needs to take insulin. No insulin = high blood sugar = death.
|

replied April 2nd, 2011
Actually, not eating processed foods, and all animal related foods will help the problem a lot. I did not say to dump the insulin, Duh. What they need to do is keep taking the medicine while changing the eating. Tell their doctor what they are doing, and like most doctors that have only 3 hours or less of nutritional training, they won't have a clue anyway. For now on I will state the total way to go about getting off meds instead just assuming everyone knows to check with their doctor first. Even though most will balk at changing it.
There is a very good book out called "Dr.Neal Barnards program for reversing diabetes." The scientifically proven sytem for reversing diabetes without drugs.
I bought that book when I was told by a doctor that I was borderline for type 2 diabetes. I bought the book, followed it, and no longer have symptoms and never did take meds for it. And never will.
|

replied March 27th, 2011
She's a diabetic and needs insulin. Not eating processed food won't cure diabetes, my friend. I know you meant well, but she needs to take insulin. No insulin = high blood sugar = death.
|

replied March 27th, 2011
You stated you stopped taking your insulin, so obviously you need to start taking it again. i don't mean to be unkind, but the answer is obvious. As far as weight gain, eat fewe3r carbs, fewer calories, exercise more, and you'll need less insulin and lose weight. Try an insulin pump so you won't go low as often and can turn down the amount of insulin you take and exercise instead. If you're on shots, when you exercise, you'll be forced to eat sugar, so the exercise won't help you lose weight. with a pump, you can lower your basal rate of insulin and use exercise instead of insulin. Insulin will make you gain weight. Learn how to use less, but don't quit taking it EVER. That will kill you!
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is diabetes and what causes diabetes? Start here for basic facts about type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. ...
What causes diabetes? Who is at risk of developing diabetes? Find out what can lead to the development of diabetes here....
Do you know the signs of the onset of diabetes? Read here to find out more about diabetes symptoms and when you need to seek help....