Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

Intense pain a year after ovary removal

I had my left ovary removed in July 2009. I had a large cyst growing that was entangled with my ovary. I've had intense pain ever since my surgery, moreso on than off. I have pain deep down where the ovary was. I have been on depo for years, so I shouldn't be ovulating. I have had several ultrasounds come back showing nothing. I have also visited a GI doctor, was on 3 different meds for IBS, none of which helped at all. I also had a colonoscopy come back clear. My doctor started me on the pill. I've been on it for a month, having pains the entire month, and they got worse the day I took my first active pill. I have no growths, no ovary, why is this continuing to hurt? I have missed much of work and now have no social life as this pain drains all of my energy. I do not believe it to be endometriosis since I have the pain continuously (haven't had periods for years since I've been on depo) and depo is usually used to treat. I have also tried lortab and percocet, neither of which took away my pain, merely muted it for an hour. Please help me!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2010
Hello,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Your intense pains could be due to the adhesions after your ovary removal surgery.
Visit your gynecologist/healthcare provider and ask for a diagnostic laparoscopy to look for adhesions and get them removed if found. It will also reveal if any other problem is related.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ovulation and Ovaries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.