No idea if this is the right place for this...

My dad has been complaining about intense, extremely uncomfortable boughts of Deja Vu that would occur mabye once a day. They would usually subside immediately. I just spoke to him though, and he complained that it was pretty much constant now, accompanied by nausea. He finally saw a doctor today, they gave him some antibiotics and said it might be some sort of sinus problem... That doesn't really make sense to me. Any other ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 14th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
There is a lot of question out there about this. I really don't think anyone is really sure what illness this could be part and parcel to. Schizophrania, or something else. Hope Georgia59 comes across this one. I will PM her and ask her to give some input for us.
|
Users who thank CarolDiane for this post: Ozone 

User Profile
replied May 14th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Hmm... that is interesting. The first thing I thought of would be some kind of physical brain problem- if the sinus infection thing doesn't work out, seeing a neurologist would be a good bet. However, it could be a myriad of mental disorders as well, hopefully something not too serious like anxiety. Either way, I'd start with a neurologist and rule out anything physical.

In the mean time, it sounds kind of like the derealization that comes with anxiety disorders, and that could explain the nausea too... but I'm not really sure about that.
|
Users who thank Georgia59 for this post: Ozone  CarolDiane 

replied May 14th, 2008
Huh... Interesting. He's currently unemployed, so money has been a big concern lately. Anxiety would make sense. He's also faced with the prospect of trying to put me through college.

I'll let him know.
Thanks alot
|

replied May 14th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Your dad needs to see a neurologist. Deja vu is often times an aura associated with a seizure. The accompanying nausea is a classic post ictal (after seizure) symptom. I am a nurse and worked in the neuroscience field for years. Your dad may be having partial complex seizures which do not present with the body shaking and convulsing. He should get this possibility ruled out.
|
Users who thank antigone for this post: CarolDiane 

replied May 15th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
antigone wrote:
Your dad needs to see a neurologist. Deja vu is often times an aura associated with a seizure. The accompanying nausea is a classic post ictal (after seizure) symptom. I am a nurse and worked in the neuroscience field for years. Your dad may be having partial complex seizures which do not present with the body shaking and convulsing. He should get this possibility ruled out.

Wow, thanks for the input, I forgot about that. Also I was thinking in the back of my mind, could it possibilly be an electrolyte issue.
|

replied May 15th, 2008
Ok, he had a seizure today. Now he's in the hospital getting a CAT scan. Would an anxiety disorder be related to the seizures? It's strange because he doesn't have a history of seizures. He is a carpenter though, is it possible a bump on the head might've affected it?
|

replied May 15th, 2008
nvm... He has a brain tumour. Still waiting for a full diagnosis.
|

replied May 15th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Ozone wrote:
nvm... He has a brain tumour. Still waiting for a full diagnosis.

My thoughts are with you. We are here for you too. Please keep us updated with your dads status. We do care.

Hugs,
Carrie
|

replied May 16th, 2008
He's doing alright now. Apparently he has a large benign tumour surrounding the pituitary gland. It's extremely slow growing, but in a bad location, We're looking at major surgery in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks so much for your help!
|

replied May 17th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Thank goodness it is benign, But, as you say, it's location leaves you no options but to remove it. This kind of surgery has come so far in advanced technology it is unreal.

Sending white light to surround your dad and please let us know when the surgery date is so we can all light up the sky around mother earth with white lights of prayer.

Love ya and in my thoughts,
Carrie
|

replied May 18th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I am sorry to hear about your dad. I worked as a nurse in a neuro ICU for years. I know the uncertainty you and your family must be feeling. Brain tumors can be difficult to get to however, there are gamma knife treatments and stereotactic techniques that make things a bit easier to reach the tumor. If you have any further questions just ask. God bless you both.
|

replied May 22nd, 2008
Thanks all,

Surgery's been pushed back to some time in July so nothing to do now but sit and wait.
|

replied May 22nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Is your dad taking an anticonvulsant? If his symptoms worsen call the neurologist. I have been thinking of both of you. I will continue to keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated. All the best!
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....