Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

intense abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, and chills?

User Profile
For the past three years on and off I have been experiencing symptoms of: nausea, intense abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, and chills, with all the symptoms coinciding with one another. Usually I'll get extreme abdominal pain first, typically in the center/left hand side of my body; this results in vomiting for [usually] between 6-13 hours to the point where I cannot keep any liquids down. The ER doctors have ruled out my appendix, GERD, ovarian cysts, ran multiple CT scans, taken pictures inside of my abdomen/upper body organs [only to find the beginnings of a Hernia]. I find that I typically experience these symptoms around the time during or shortly after my period. I was taken off the Neuvaring two years ago in case it was triggering these episodes, which it was not. As well, drinking has triggered probably about 1/2 of the episodes. I will have 2-3 mix drinks, which for me is not a "lot" since I used to be able to drink a considerable amount of alcohol . However, the next morning, and even sometimes that night, I will pay for the drinks by hugging the porcelain throne for hours without mercy. Hot bathes are literally the only temporary relief I have found which helps settle my seemingly inconsolable stomach. Help! This is interfering with my every day life and work schedule, but I cant seem to find out what is wrong with me!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 2nd, 2011
Did they give you any medication for your hernia? I also have left abdominal pain and noticed alcohol triggers the pain. ( i am not much of a drinker, I will only have a few glasses of wine once in a while)
|

replied November 2nd, 2011
Did they give you any medication for your hernia? I also have left abdominal pain and noticed alcohol triggers the pain. ( i am not much of a drinker, I will only have a few glasses of wine once in a while)
|

replied May 10th, 2013
Did you find the answer to this? Sounds same as me but I don't have a particular time when it comes (I think) or the alcohol thing.
|

replied June 8th, 2013
You have gone through all the tests and you have not been able to be diagnised for any particular problem inside your body is quite depressing. Fevers and chills and pain in the upper abdominal part is usually associated with gall bladder stones. I don't know and I am not sure but please get a through check up of your body and see a different doctor at the earliest.
|
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...