Hello Guys. Im mark, 21 years old. It's 5 in the morning, but still I cant sleep. It just like I forgot how to sleep. I tried everything. Breathing relaxation, writing a journal, making myself tired but all of this have no effect on me. Im still wide awake. What should I do now? I don't want to take any meds. I am so anxious and worried. This is my first experience. Please give me some advices. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 18th, 2016
Active User, very eHealthy
Hi Mark,

First of all, you should be reassured that insomnia is very common, most of us will experience it at some point in our lives.

It usually results from a stressful experience, and then resolves by itself as the stressful circumstance goes away or we adapt to it in some way.

If you've only had this for a few weeks, you may be well served by just letting the worry about sleep go, and leading a healthy sleep supportive lifestyle.

This means things like avoiding caffeine in any form after about mid day -- and that includes chocolate and colas, which are loaded with it. Moderation is key.

It also means keeping a healthy sleep schedule, and especially a consistent wake time every morning, as much as possible. At your age you should be scheduling at least 8 or maybe 9 hours for sleep. Don't cut yourself short on this.

Try to get some good sweaty exercise most every day.

There's a very good chance you will resolve this by just letting the worry go. But if you do these sorts of things and your insomnia doesn't go away after a couple of months, then it might be time to see your doc to rule out any sort of underlying medical condition. Odds are you don't have one, but it's good to find out.
|

replied February 29th, 2016
Thank you guys. I appreciated your comments. Its kinda lighten the stess that I feel right now.
|

replied March 8th, 2016
you could try a herbal supplement, no dependency concerns and I've found a gem. Usually take it when work gets busy or an exam is coming up. It's called Stressnil and is made by Sewanti. I love herbs so see if they work before taking something heavy prescribed by a doctor
|
Quick Reply