Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Insomnia,pressure above my nose and in my head/temples?

I have had a serious insomnia for the last 4-5 days, maybe even more, I've lost track of the nights I can't sleep. I feel extremely tired, heck to the point of exhaustion but I just can't fall asleep, sometimes until 3-4 am, sometimes even until 6 am. I feel a pressure above my nose, temples and it spreads all over my head when I close my eyes. Needless to say my eyes simply open by themselves and just stay wide open regardless of how much I'd try to fall asleep and how tired I am.

It's getting really irritating and I feel this pressure even during the day, it's just way worse at night. I don't know if I have this pressure because of my insomnia, or if I have the insomnia because of this pressure which might I might have because of a sinusitis.

Don't know if this is related somehow but if I want a concrete answer I might as well pour all the details here. I've had a really bad lifestyle for about 2-3 years, not going to bed before 3 am and not waking up before 10-11 am,however I've never had troubles falling asleep if I DID want to sleep. I was more like forcing myself to stay awake. I've had anxiety for 2 years as well and recently started having panic attacks again. I get so panicked and anxious when I can't sleep these nights I even get suicidal thoughts.

I have however taken medicines and still am taking, both sedatives and natural medicine. I've taken melatonin and valerian 2 months ago when my panic attacks weren't that bad but it didn't work so the doctor gave me this sedative called Xanax, it didn't help a lot either, but at least I could sleep. I stopped taking said Xanax two days after this bad insomnia appeared and started taking Diazepam(Valium) 3 days ago. In spite of taking all these medicines I'm still remain sleepless at night.

I really need some help please, I don't want to have another sleepless night. How could I get rid of this insomnia and pressure?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 27th, 2012
How to ENJOY QUALITY SLEEP and CONQUER INSOMNIA
A simple self help technique that I have been practicing to get quality sleep and conquer my insomnia is ‘Focusing on breathing’. It reduces the flow of thoughts, calms the mind and relaxes the muscles, inducing quality sleep. The following mode of this technique can be tried when lying in the bed and needing to sleep.

TRIPLE SEGMENT MODE: Every finger has 2 cross lines, dividing it into 3 parts or segments. Place the tip of the thumb at the top segment of the little finger and breathe three times. Move the thumb to the middle segment and breathe three times. Move to the bottom segment and breathe three times. Repeat the same steps at the next 3 fingers. At the thumb, place the tip of the index finger on its segments and follow the same steps. Then switch to the other hand and repeat the process all over. Continue to practice, switching the hands. When you wake up in the morning, you will be surprised how you slept so well last night!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...