Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Insomnia and Unmanageable anger

I have recently developed a new problem in my way of life. I have noticed that my temper that was at one point in time manageable is no longer so. I also suffer from insomnia(very recently) and only eating one meal or nothing at all in one day. I get random thoughts of badly injuring someone but not killing and I have never been a violent person physically. It has become more of a rage and it gets to the point where I suffer from migraines with auras, blurred vision, and poor decision making in my thoughts. Everytime I am about to lose control I get a tingle in my spine and a quick shutter and all heck breaks loose. After a hour or so I have the same tingle and quick shutter and all is back to normal. I have found that some of these migraines are from a food allergy to MSG and have completely dropped it from my diet. I have been caffiene free for over a month now and they just seem to be happening at a more steadily increasing pace. Most times it has a associating factor such as co-workers, other drivers on the road, sometimes even my wife. None of these were ever a problem before but they have recently become something that I can't control and quite frankly scares me. Is there any logical explanation or is this something I need to push through like a bad flu bug. Could this also have something to do with my past military involvement or the fact that I just got married little over three months ago. Please help me be me again.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 17th, 2010
I made it in to see the doctor and was diagnosed with manic depression with control tendencies. I was prescribed Lexapro. And so far only bad nightmares and occasional nausea. Nothing I can't handle.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....