Hi,
I had a miscarriage last year Jan 2007. Since then I am getting sick every month until now. My illness are sore throat, cold and cough. And since last year Nov and this year Feb and now I am suffering from Insomnia. I had chest paint this week. Initially I thought my chest pain is grastic pain but it subsided within mins. I also found that my heart beat fast when I am under stress or make a fast gesture. Sometimes I feel that I can hear my heat beat.

What am I suffering from.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 22nd, 2008
Supporter
Well, of course you really need to be carefully assessed by a doctor but since you have asked for an opinion on here, I would say it is classic signs of a chronic anxiety state. I think you may not have properly got over the miscarriage and you might be mildly depressed, too. Stress, anxiety and depression can lower your immune system and that is why you may be getting repeated colds and sore throats. Feeling your heart beat or having pains in your chest are also classic signs.

Make an appointment to see your doctor and go through all of this with him/her. I would write a list of all your symptoms and that way you will miss nothing and, should you become a little upset in the doctor's office from talking about your problems, then you can just hand over the list.
You should also try to keep a journal of your symptoms, day by day, noting whether or not anything seems to bring them on. Take this with you to the doctor, too.

The chances are you will be given some relaxation tips and perhaps referred for some counselling. I know it feels like you will never be free of this cycle of ill health and stress, but it will go eventually, believe me.
|

User Profile
replied March 22nd, 2008
Especially eHealthy
The chest pain/heart racing could be the start of a panic attack. I agree with Galaxy. A good psychologist should be able to teach you good techniques to kill the panic.
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....