User Profile
Hi,

I have a bite that looks a little like a bulls eye. It is not large, on my upper arm near the armpit.

I first saw it on Thursday. It was a little itchy. Didn’t feel like a mosquito bite, I thought it was small little bites. But today it changed into a bulls eye shape. It’s not itchy anymoreZ

I was in India last month. I arrived in Thailand on Monday. I discovered the bite on Thursday and it became a bulls eye today.

I went to the hospital but they said come back if it gets worse. I have no symprtoms other than slight nerve pain here and there but it might be linked to something else such as food. (Had it before).

I would like to attach a photo if possible.

Thank you for your help.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 19th, 2019
Insect Bites Answer A64822
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
It could be spider bite because tick bite is not common in India.Anyhow you should wait and look for change in its size and nature.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Insect Bites , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.