Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Inner me got out of my body? sleep paralysis

I have heard of Out of body experiences before and how they are done but i didn't believe it and thought it was all bogus. But two days ago while I went to sleep on my back I felt my nonphysical head which was so light Try to get his head out of my physical body while it felt stuck to my legs and stomach which I think was still part
of my physical body.
I heard Engine like noises for example like a train from my brain and ears. I also felt vibrations coming from my head and I felt like it was going to be the end of me and that my head is going to explode. I just simply lay down my head and out of now where I snapped out of it and got back to my physical body. I went to the bathroom and I broke down. Wondering to myself how I got back to my body? I have been ever since a little bit scared to sleep on my back again.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 22nd, 2015
Active User, very eHealthy
Try googling "exploding head syndrome". Sounds worse than it really is, by itself is considered to be harmless, other than causing the type of concern you express.

If this recurs and troubles you, a checkup with your doc might be in order. Otherwise, probably OK to just let it go and not worry about sleeping on your back.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply