User Profile
When do parents have the right to keep on punishing a person who can no longer live in a relationship with their daughter? Do mean spirited words work for them? Do these parents believe that even though they helped this man get through college, they paid for him just like a good servant/investment? Parents don't have the right to make that call. It is up to the two people involved. It is not a contract with the parents. When parents step in and get to the point that only their opinion matters, you see a marriage going down. To nothing.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 12th, 2008
Experienced User
How are they still in his life if the couple split up?
|

User Profile
replied March 13th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Rainstorm
Yes. They are involved with their vineyards. I could never figure out the wisdom of having 30 acres of land and having to build a house right next to the young couple's home. Had to be lots of other choices to place a house. Let alone, when you want to sell the property. Who wants to live with a house right next to you?

Unfortunately, the mother-in-law does the accounting for the labor contractor this man uses. As they say, don't get in too deeply in any business/family arrangement.

Now, this same family has decided that the man cannot see his children. They are making such a huge mistake on that one. He loves his children.

When people get down and ugly, they will pull out all the stops. They have to work it out. Or else the Judge will.
|

User Profile
replied March 18th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I know additional posts have been made...why can't I see them?
|

User Profile
replied June 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Rainstorm
Roberta777 wrote:
Yes. They are involved with their vineyards. I could never figure out the wisdom of having 30 acres of land and having to build a house right next to the young couple's home. Had to be lots of other choices to place a house. Let alone, when you want to sell the property. Who wants to live with a house right next to you?

Unfortunately, the mother-in-law does the accounting for the labor contractor this man uses. As they say, don't get in too deeply in any business/family arrangement.

Now, this same family has decided that the man cannot see his children. They are making such a huge mistake on that one. He loves his children.

When people get down and ugly, they will pull out all the stops. They have to work it out. Or else the Judge will.

I hate inlaws ARRGHHH (just mine lol)

It is not acceptable, children are his just as much as they are his and he has every right to them considering he is a good dad, I fully believe in joint custody and it is healthy for the children. I hate when parents play the kids against one another, it is fair to them and is done out of spite.

My inlaw (MOTHER) threatened me with my children when I tried to get joint-custody, anyways me and him are back together but she cant stand me much to say I cant stand her. His mothers family tell him to divorce me but he didnt want to and it causes so many problems I wish family would just STAY out of my affairs its like do you want to know my sex life as well?

Sorry touchy subject but parents should be neutral and I hope he wins in court, he should try to ask for joint custody and document everything, after that I think he should bring it to court he is entitled to those kids. I hope he gets to see them MEAN people god I went crazy when I didnt get to see my kids but I was so afraid of loosing them I gave up, but god I got them now and for gods sake nobody should ever have to go through that a father love is just as great as a mothers for their children.
|
Users who thank diamondsz for this post: Roberta777 

User Profile
replied June 3rd, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Life Would Be Better
If parents would just butt out of their children's lives. Life is not a bed of roses. There are going to be rough patches along the path of anybody's life and marriage is full of compromises. Any relationship is really.

Glad you got your kids back Diamondsz. You have a very loving and kind face and spirit. It is easy to see.

Your mother-in-law now is faced with the backstabbing and meanness thrown at you. Better never to go there. Ever.

You are right. Parents need to live their own lives. Not the lives of their children.
He has been able to see his little girl by going to the court house and going into a room and getting her for a few hours. Still not seen the little son. Says he is going to have to fight for that. I say, fight for it. He is your own son. Sometimes, I wonder how much strength he has for seeing his children. You can spend money, but it is the heart of the matter that will determine the outcome.

Take care,

Bobbie respect target voices wave hey
|

replied June 3rd, 2008
Experienced User
Parents do not have lives when their children are under the age of 18. Their children are their life. Sure, you have a job, friends, etc. But in my mind, your children should come first.

The parents have the incredible responsibility of molding their child's moral structure. As I experience the classroom more, I see more and more the effects of terrible homes on a child's behavior. I know an incredibly smart child who does amazing on tests... but who cannot control his actions it seems, who does not have any sense of right and wrong. It's not his fault. His brother throws him down the stairs... that's the least of his problems at home.
|
Users who thank cmyked for this post: Roberta777 
Quick Reply