middle and forefinger pain. Middlefinger will not bend or straighten fully. Hard knotch at base of middle finger palm side. Swelling to knuckles.X rays show no break.Injury is nearly 3 months old. Ache and discomfort to hand continues otherwise pain to fingers only occurs when pressure used.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 30th, 2009
Community Volunteer
With the x-rays showing no break, that baffles me...However, if you are older, age sets in...Knuckles will swell and become painful...I saw this in my Father years ago...I hope it heals itself...

Caroline
|

replied March 31st, 2009
Injury left hand
Thanks Caroline for replying.Because of the time that has lapsed , the pain and deformity to knuckles and middle finger, I think there must be an injury to the tendons perhaps and I had better arrange to see someone privayely , as up to now no one including various GP'S physios etc have been able to sort it.
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2019
(online)
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Its due to nerve impingement and tendinitis.
I would suggest you to take pregabalin and
diclofenac sodium to combat this problem.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Arthritis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.