Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Injured knee about a month ago! what should i do?

I think I sprained my knee about a little over a month ago while skating. I got hurt forcing/bending my knee in the wrong direction over a period of a week trying to learn a new move and as a result it was sore and popped a lot after wards. At the store it even gave out when i was lifting a box of water.

I'm not sure how to help it recover now. Everything i read says to apply Ive and later heat but that if you do that immediately after the injury, since mine has been over a month can i start ice or what should i do? please help I'm a fencer and a skater and am very dependent on my knees.

EDIT: from what i just read i may have a MCL sprain or Pes Anserine Tendinopathy / Bursitis injury. if that helps
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 11th, 2012
Especially eHealthy
Zeig,

I answered your question in the Recovery Post-op forum, which was basically the same as this.

You should be able to find the answer there.

Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....