So.. about 3-4 weeks ago I noticed several small bumps appearing on the shaft of my penis. They all appeared almost instantaneously (not slow to form) and all at around the same day (if not the same day). They are all localized to the area around the base of my penis and some just slightly on the shaft but are all in areas where pubic hair typically grows.

I am currently 26 and began shaving my pubic hair and trimming it since I was about 18 and never had this problem which is why I'm concerned. I have had a few sexual partners in the last year and have not always been completely careful in terms of wearing condoms etc..risky decisions yes...

In any case.. the bumps are again all in areas where pubic hair grows, none are forming in clusters so tight that the bumps are actually touching eachother, and none of them hurt at all. In fact I don't even notice that the bumps are there until I look at it or touch it. I have obviously done a bit of research to compare peoples' experiences and symptoms and a few things that Ive noticed that make me feel like it might just be a freak horrible case of ingrown hairs, is that they bumps never broke open, some of them have hairs growing directly out of them, none of them itch, and they are relatively spaced out.

My hair tends to be fairly course and I am confused as to why all of a sudden I would have this issue when I've shaved and trimmed the area for close to 10 years without this happening.

I know the proper thing to do is to just go get tested but I figured asking here couldn't hurt also.

Finally, the bumps also started forming right after I started sleeping with my most recent partner. She got an STD test the day after we first started sleeping together for whatever reason and she was clean .. which makes me think she probably didn't give anything to me. I know her test offers no insight into whether or not I have anything due to the 1 month incubation period.

However, she also began her HPV Vaccine treatment that day and as outlandish and stupid as I feel for asking this.. I am wondering if it's possible that the Vaccine could have some how caused a reaction on me... Vaccines are simply small doses of the virus that help build antibodies no?

Any help and clarify that you can offer will be greatly greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 29th, 2012
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Vaccine given to her will not give reaction to you. It will help with antibody preparation/formation in her. The symptoms that you describe could be indicative of ingrown hairs. It is difficult to comment on the exact cause without examining them. Use of old razor for shaving the area, shaving against the grain/direction in which hair grows, etc. To relieve the symptoms, try hot fomentation by keeping warm washcloth over ingrown hairs. Tweezing, exfoliating with scrubs, use of diluted Glycolic acid, NSAID use for pain relief can help. If the symptoms are due to waxing or shaving, application of salicylic acid solution will help. Visit your doctor/healthcare provider for further evaluation and assistance. Use proper shaving technique, and prepare the skin first before shaving, and avoid shaving with too much of force on razor (that can cut the hair lower than dermis level forcing the hair to get buried in skin). If the problem is recurrent or chronic, the laser treatment or electrolysis can be of help.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.