Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

ingesting antifreeze (90%eg) on a nightly basis.

User Profile
I have been really depressed and have been ingesting antifreeze (90%eg) on a nightly basis. I drink maybe 6ml a night. I need honest answers and yes I plan on getting help. My question is that if I keep this up am I at risk of death? I don't notice any bad side effects besides a little cramping in my kidney area. I've called poison control a few of these times and they said I'd need at least a mouth full to kill me, but I didn't mention I was drinking it every night. Am I in trouble here? (No heath problems, 23 yr old male, 5'11" 140 lbs)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 14th, 2015
OMG, stop now! Drinking antifreeze causes a crystal formation in the organs and is a vary miserable death.
|

replied January 14th, 2015
Whatever your problem is this is not the answer to it.talk to someone and get yourself some help. You have your whole life ahead of you. It is wonderful to be alive.If you need to talk privatly go to cappaghhouse.com
|

replied February 7th, 2015
You do realize the stuff you are drinking is the same stuff that they use for emboming people after they die??? There is a reason why they do this. It hardens your organs than the crystalize over a period of time.
STOP!!!!
|

replied February 17th, 2015
Stop drinking that please! You need to talk to someone right away. Im sorry you feel so depressed. Sad *air hug
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....