User Profile
my surgery for the fibroids, was 7 weeks ago, (nov. 12, 2008) gall bladder surgery is January 5, 2009. is this too soon? should i wait? is surgery necessary for me right now with the symptoms that i feel from my gallstones? how will i know if this surgery is necessary?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 30th, 2008
Appendix, Appendicitis, Gallbladder Disease Answer A5209
Current medical status: I went in for an ultrasound for a update on my fibroids. and during the ultrasound my doctor found that i have gallstones. i had a D and C, Novasure ablation and hysteroscopy because of the fibroids ( 7 weeks ago). during my follow up appointment he sent me to another doctor for my gallstones. this doctor recommeded surgery for my gallstones, but i do not have the sharp crushing pain and stuff that people say they feel. i so have SOME nausea, occassionally a pain on the right side that feels like i have been punched in the side, and occassional mild chest pain (heart check showed heart is healthy)
Current medical treatment: D and C, Novasure ablation, and hysteroscopy, and surgery for gallstones recommeded.

Gallstones can produce the following complications: chronic inflammation of the gallbladder and acute inflammation of the pancreas. The chronic inflammation of the gallbladder is accompanied with severe pain under the right ribcage. The problem is that in many cases the surgeons might find it impossible to perform the operation in those conditions. They might want to wait for the symptoms to cease and then perform the operation.

The acute inflammation of the pancreas occurs when the gallstones are impacted on their way from the gallbladder to the intestines. The enzymes from the pancreas can not leave it and they start degrading the pancreas itself. This is a life-threatening condition.

Whether the surgery is needed at all, or it is too soon after the previous surgery can be decided only by the surgeon.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.