Medical Questions > Cancer > Brain Cancer Forum

Info please on relation of brain and lung cancer

I'm probably way ahead of things but was hoping someone could provide info.
My stepdad is 79 and in excellent health. Last week while playing bridge his speech became slurred very badly. His bridge group took him to the hospital for fear he had a stroke.

An MRI showed a 1.5 cm growth (they called it a nodule) in his frontal lobe. He made an appt with a neurosurgeon that he is seeing tomorrow.

In the meantime, his personal physician wanted to get a chest ct scan which he had done today. The scan showed two spots on his right lung. He and my mom are going to see another doctor for this as well.

Needless to say this is very upsetting. Can anyone give me any info on whether or not this is all related? We don't even know if the growth in his brain is benign or malignant as there has been no biopsy yet.

Can lung cancer metastasize that quickly to the brain or vice versa?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 26th, 2012
Of course such posibility can't be ruled out.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Brain basics here - what is a tumor and how do doctors understand brain cancer? ...
What puts you at risk of developing brain cancer? Review the most common risk factors for brain cancer so that you can be informed....
Brain cancer symptoms are wide ranging and various. Look out for these common symptoms of brain cancer and learn when you should seek medical help....