Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

infested with springtails (Page 1)

Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
Hi all!! I wanted to tell you all that I really need some advise about these freakin bugs!!! I have had them inside my body now for months and I can't get rid of them. I have been taking "horse paste" Ivermectin 1.87% everyday for the last 5 days, but only the weight for my body---and I still have them. I also wanted to know how often and how safely you can take ivermectin without having kidney problems. And I wanted to know if anyone has found something else besides ivermectin that will kill these nasty springtails. It seems the iver is not working---or I have pretty many of them infesting me. I am scared that they will get to my heart and kill me.I have tried so many things so far with no results and I am really getting frustrated. They try to get into my eyes, ears, nose, mouth, etc. I can feel them moving around inside my nose too. It's disgusting. I want them gone. I also feel them in my vaginal area, inside it, like my lower cervix area. It feels like they nested down there. I'm just really scared that these things are eating me alive, like they are eating my internal organs or something. Does anyone else worry about that too, or is it just me? Please anyone can email me back and tell me what worked for them---I'm getting desparate.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper spanky331331333
|
Users who thank infestedwithspringtails for this post: ItchyCrawlyScratchy 

replied April 1st, 2011
Extremely eHealthy

replied January 12th, 2014
If you are infested with spring tails then none of these resources will help. At all !
I would like to ask you a question if its alright, Why do Doctors refuse to accept this horrific thing that is happening to so many ?
|

replied May 25th, 2014
yes, I have the same problem. They think I am delusional parasitosis. All they could think of is how to make money out of my sufferings. They take a cursory look at your face and don't examine the cause or even try to scrape samples of the parasites to be examined. I have them around my mouth and I can feel them crawling in my hair. They are more active towards the end of the day. I read somewhere that the male collembola try to mate with the female that is imbedded under your skin, and some how I think they send signals to each other. About 10 minutes ago I tried spraying my hair with diluted cleaning vinegar with water on a spray bottle. It seems to stop them. I am hoping that the vinegar kills these buggers. I am now going to mop my floor with the same solution I made. I am sorry I did not measure this time the ratio, because I am tired of trying out so many things without success. I will post again for the results.
|

replied May 28th, 2014
please consider option it could be a fungus, I was misdiagnosed; 7 months after I found this web site that gave me light. fungus also can manifest with bites.
|

replied July 14th, 2014
Because they don`t study parasites, researchers do.
|

replied July 13th, 2011
To Infestedwithsprintails. I wanted to thank you for your post. I am suffering with them too and have been for several months. I have been given permethrin and ivermectin and neither worked. The ivermectin seemed to help a little but the crawling never goes away completely. Right now it is pretty bad and doctors think that it's all in my head. I have them in my clothes and washing them even with Borax, does not kill them. I find though that if I wear clothes that are not made of natural fibers like cotton then its not as bad as when I wear T-shirts and jeans. I worry about infecting others at work but I am a single Mom so I have to go work and Dr's don't think there is anything wrong so they think it is okay to go to work. Anyway, I am still trying to figure out how to get rid of them. If you are doing better now, please post and let me know what you found success with.
|

replied May 4th, 2012
Spring Tails?
Hi, I think I have just identified what has been biting me over and over as a spring tail. Am I right that they are like flying fleas. This thing is light gold looking and almost microscopic and just bites you over and over and looks like a flea bite? How did they get inside you? I thought that chiggers are the ones who borrow? Cannt go outside with the kids, what he heck do we have? Thanks for your help....
|

replied June 17th, 2012
Springtail Study
I have heard of a study where the scientist accidentally inhaled the eggs and got very sick. So that is one way to get them. They don't fly but spring or jump. What I am reading so far says they don't bite but who knows they could be evolving to something that DOES bite. Monsanto has been messing around with mother nature creating new foods changing DNA, so what consequences do we really know of playing God.
|

replied May 1st, 2013
Springtails need oxygen to survive, so I would think the lungs would be the only place they could live...
Here's what has worked the best for me, after 6 months of trial and error, I'm 95% rid of these things!. Keep your place as cool, dry, and clean as possible. Get a dehumidifier and place it near the air vent uptake, since heat and humidity play a huge role in hatching new eggs. I spray my apartment and car down with a cedar oil spray at least every 3 days, because this hinders the reproduction process. A couple times a day I spray my apartment down with an enzyme based cleaner (which is cheaper) or an orange based cleaner (cheapest). Pay special attention to kitchen and bathrooms- they seem attracted to water and heat. Include light fixtures in items sprayed down, and wipe off electronics too. Showering twice a day is best; use a gentle soap with essential oil and exfoliate with a loofa glove. Shampoo hair, adding essential oils such as peppermint or clove to the shampoo. 5-10 drops should do the trick. Dry your hair immediately. Clothes have posed the biggest problem- I've thrown a lot of stuff out and replaced them with clearance items from stores ending in "Mart". Thin, synthetic materials are best to prevent the bugs from infesting the items. Launder with peppermint oil added to soap (kills larva), and boric acid, and dry thoroughly- very important! Keep clean clothes in bags and put cotton balls drenched with peppermint inside the bags. You can do this with dirty clothes, too. Replace sheets with polyester and wrap mattresses and pillows in water proof encasements. Never wear anything twice without washing. Consider getting a dry steamer for carpets or problem clothes. You can also microwave or iron problem clothes. For bad flare ups, I apply Kerosene directly to my skin for 30 mins before showering. This kills them when nothing else will. Baths never did anything for me, but tanning beds have helped- seems to kill anything under that top layer of skin. I also vacuumed and sprayed my car frequently. I applied fly traps to windows and the backs of computers. Finally, I also reduced dairy from my diet by about 80%, and take colloidal silver, omega-3, and digestive supplements daily.
|

replied March 10th, 2013
springtail infestation
I know my parents were told for 6 months they were crazy by many doctors. They finally got a scraping of skin sent off that came back with springtails. They have been given what has been mentioned and have done a ton of research with very little results. It has now been over year since I have hugged them and I am tired of it! I decided I would start looking myself even though my mom is better at research then me, but I have to help. They are now on a diet of most proteins and certain rice. I know they can eat very little according to the diet. My mom did tell me they can get in their bloodstream and cells. I know they have spent thousands and thousand now trying to get rid of this. Before they thought it was bedbugs from a vacation so they treated for that. They are just miserable and I am so tired of seeing them like this and not just being able to hug them or kiss them. I will continue my search but please leave any help if someone finds something!
|

replied April 3rd, 2013
Springtails
Springtails like fungus and mold. I'm bathing in fungus solution for dogs from tractor supply. I've also use Ivermetin spray on solution for cows but deluted it with alcohol. I take baths in Neem Oil and ebsom salt and powdered milk. I take a pill call hydrozine for itch. I sleep in a sleeping bag that repels insects and keep a spray bottle of alcohol for everything. I have plastic shower curtain over recliner. I've used muliple cans of clauking to seal all outside cracks. Keep fans going to keep mold down. I use bleach for molded areas. Good Luck. This all helps but, what a deal to have to do.
|

replied May 20th, 2013
Springtails and humans
Researchers say that springtails do not infest humans. BULL!!!! I have been fighting these little invaders for 2 years. I just found out what it was. My fingernails grow long and fast and by sheer luck one caught under my nail. I put it under a microscope and it was a SPRINGTAIL. I dont think they bite, the crawling and stinging come from the tail under their abdomen then we scratch over and over again causing sores. I spray my bathroom every 3 days. I have been itch free for over 2 months. Also wash your hair and body with tea tree oil. It smells but works. Your local exterminator will be of no help so dont go there.
I do not have them in large numbers, I see them in the morning and only about 5-10 a day, but thankfully they are DEAD!!!!!!!! Good luck to all, these pests are polorizing qnd insidious.
|

replied July 29th, 2015
Extremely eHealthy
vac every day to keep them from reproducing. I also use tree oil shampoo for head & body......bugs don't like it.......I use one of those bell & howell plug in's sold at walmart ...4 for $20......no more bugs........I vac every day and I use baby wipes to dust and throw them outside.....the vac has a hepa filter.
|

replied July 19th, 2013
This worked for me
Here is what has worked for me:
Wash your clothes with regular laundry detergent and use a cup of vinegar in the wash. You will not smell the vinegar on your clothes and it will kill anything on your clothes.
Apparently these things die instantly with windex and bleach... so mop your floor with one or the other. If you have carpet... spray your carpet lightly with windex... better than replacement. Vacuuming won't do anything!
Clean around your sinks, tubs, toilets, with windex or bleach... thoroughly. Use paper towels then throw away at the outside receptacle.
Most important find the source outside where its coming from and use Sevin on it. Do not overwater your plants if you have mulch or compost as these springtails love it!!!!
If you have indoor plants.... spray those also with Sevin... bring them back in after a day or so.
Buy at your local pharmacy or wherever you can buy essential oils and find neem oil and tea tree oil. Buy small blue spay bottles to make a few mixtues for yourself and your pets.
If you have a pet.... add a few drops of neem oil to a few ounces of water and spray your pet. AVOID EYES AND MOUTH!!!! Neem Oil is a safe pesticide for your pet. Do not use Tea tree oil on your Pet!!!! Not Recommended!
Neem Oil smells awful but it kill these things! I put it on at night. During the day I use tea tree Oil.... it is soothing for the itch... and smells medicinal. It's the better of the two.
Make sure your house is cool and dry!!!! Keep the air conditioning on if it's summer.... and run the dehumidifier constantly!!!!! COOL AND DRY!!!! These things can't live in cool and dry!
|

replied October 17th, 2013
Springtails
I really appreciate the above suggestions since I have also been fighting these nasty little bugs/larvae/etc. for over 3 yrs. after moving into a house infested with them. Most physicians do not believe they are under my skin and usually give me the brush off implying that it in my head.

I have several autoimmune diseases and attributed a lot of my sensitivity to that. I recently read an article on "Vulnerable skin disorders" which did tie autoimmune (among other issues) to the ability of foreign objects to get under the skin. I was just released from the hospital after 3 days of IV antibiotics used to treat cellulitis caused by springtails. My total knee replacement done in July this year has been under constant attack since I returned home.

I have had very little success with dehumidifiers 24/7 except raising my electric bill. This may be due to living in Florida as well as a moisture problem with the house. I have had to add electro-static and UV filters to our A/C air handler. The bugs were able to get around the set up by chewing through the A/C ducts so we had to add a new expensive solution that sends an electro-static charge throughout the entire duct system. This finally resolved the problem of their residence in our A/C system but was not cheap! Luckily, we can take it with us when we move if we chose to.

The few things that have worked for me is possibly collagen supplements that I have used due to my Rheumatoid Arthritis. Vitamin E in any form (especially oral) seems to start a "purge" effect in my skin. Also products containing salt and alpha-hydroxy ingredients also help. Use caution with alpha-hydroxy since it appears to purge them without always killing them first. I have been using 91% isopropyl alcohol and paper towels to try to remove them from my ears. It works unless I have a large number or very large one in my ear(s).

I look forward to trying essential oils on my hair instead of lice shampoo that I have been using. If I don't use lice shampoo I just relocate them to my back and hands.

I have had success using a mixture of Borax (approx. 1/2 cup) and Simple Green in each load. I use the bleach dispenser for the Simple Green or pour on top of the clothes proportionate to how infested the clothing is.

Those of you using peppermint or Neem oil, do you mix it with water and spray it on or use it straight on the skin or just for bathing? I am often using Simple Green directly on my skin if I cannot get them out with isopropyl alcohol. I would welcome trying something that is not a chemical.

I am about at the end of my rope fighting these things. I am exhausted and very physically limited due to my auto-immune issues. I get attacked by them when I vacuum or do any major cleaning so I have to rely on other people for help which is not always convenient. I did read an article "vulnerable skin disorders" that mentioned autoimmune issues can be the cause of foreign material getting under the skin.

I just put my home up for sale due to the fact that the infestation is too extensive to win. We had to find temporary living because all the additional traffic through the house was making a bad situation even worse. Sadly, the cottages on the beach we moved into are even worse then the house we just left. I am extremely worried that we are going to take our problem with us to our new place. My teenage children are in denial that these bugs even exist and often make the situation worse due to their actions. It breaks my heart at the thought of throwing out family pictures and sentimental items that my children have made as well as things purchased to preserve memories from family trips etc. I would welcome any suggestions on how to preserve pictures, photos, electronics, etc. without taking microscopic springtails to our new residence. I am throwing away all mattresses, living room furniture, and anything else that appears infested that can be replaced. We may be sitting on the floor awhile until I can afford to replace everything material. It is the irreplaceable memories that I am broken hearted at the thought of losing.
|

replied October 17th, 2013
Springtails
I really appreciate the above suggestions since I have also been fighting these nasty little bugs/larvae/etc. for over 3 yrs. after moving into a house infested with them. Most physicians do not believe they are under my skin and usually give me the brush off implying that it in my head.

I have several autoimmune diseases and attributed a lot of my sensitivity to that. I recently read an article on "Vulnerable skin disorders" which did tie autoimmune (among other issues) to the ability of foreign objects to get under the skin. I was just released from the hospital after 3 days of IV antibiotics used to treat cellulitis caused by springtails. My total knee replacement done in July this year has been under constant attack since I returned home.

I have had very little success with dehumidifiers 24/7 except raising my electric bill. This may be due to living in Florida as well as a moisture problem with the house. I have had to add electro-static and UV filters to our A/C air handler. The bugs were able to get around the set up by chewing through the A/C ducts so we had to add a new expensive solution that sends an electro-static charge throughout the entire duct system. This finally resolved the problem of their residence in our A/C system but was not cheap! Luckily, we can take it with us when we move if we chose to.

The few things that have worked for me is possibly collagen supplements that I have used due to my Rheumatoid Arthritis. Vitamin E in any form (especially oral) seems to start a "purge" effect in my skin. Also products containing salt and alpha-hydroxy ingredients also help. Use caution with alpha-hydroxy since it appears to purge them without always killing them first. I have been using 91% isopropyl alcohol and paper towels to try to remove them from my ears. It works unless I have a large number or very large one in my ear(s).

I look forward to trying essential oils on my hair instead of lice shampoo that I have been using. If I don't use lice shampoo I just relocate them to my back and hands.

I have had success using a mixture of Borax (approx. 1/2 cup) and Simple Green in each load. I use the bleach dispenser for the Simple Green or pour on top of the clothes proportionate to how infested the clothing is.

Those of you using peppermint or Neem oil, do you mix it with water and spray it on or use it straight on the skin or just for bathing? I am often using Simple Green directly on my skin if I cannot get them out with isopropyl alcohol. I would welcome trying something that is not a chemical.

I am about at the end of my rope fighting these things. I am exhausted and very physically limited due to my auto-immune issues. I get attacked by them when I vacuum or do any major cleaning so I have to rely on other people for help which is not always convenient. I did read an article "vulnerable skin disorders" that mentioned autoimmune issues can be the cause of foreign material getting under the skin.

I just put my home up for sale due to the fact that the infestation is too extensive to win. We had to find temporary living because all the additional traffic through the house was making a bad situation even worse. Sadly, the cottages on the beach we moved into are even worse then the house we just left. I am extremely worried that we are going to take our problem with us to our new place. My teenage children are in denial that these bugs even exist and often make the situation worse due to their actions. It breaks my heart at the thought of throwing out family pictures and sentimental items that my children have made as well as things purchased to preserve memories from family trips etc. I would welcome any suggestions on how to preserve pictures, photos, electronics, etc. without taking microscopic springtails to our new residence. I am throwing away all mattresses, living room furniture, and anything else that appears infested that can be replaced. We may be sitting on the floor awhile until I can afford to replace everything material. It is the irreplaceable memories that I am broken hearted at the thought of losing.
|

User Profile
replied October 21st, 2013
God help me ... I'm infested with Springtails. I have never been so miserable, both emotionally and physically, in my entire life. Wow.
|

replied November 23rd, 2013
springtail penis infestation
my penis is itching from the springtails that I caught from this dam woman they have jumped up my uretha and made their way into my semical cord and testicles
|

replied December 21st, 2013
I have them from a moldy house.

I swiffer all the time
spray everything with alcohol/vinegar or cedar/boric acid
Fog with windex.
Use IGRs
Use insecticides

Laundry is ridiculous. I have no answers there. Nothing seems to work. Pine sol, odoban, bleach, ammonia, borax, washing soda, peppermint, cedar, I iron everything, but sometimes even that doesn't work.

I really like mustard powder mixed with coconut oil before showering,.
I like Whitfield's Ointment - or anything with benzoic acid
Econazole cream and ketaconazole shampoo
Essential oils

I use an ozone generator14,000 mghz
Smokey incense and menthol crystals.
DE and boric acid everywhere.
|

replied January 12th, 2014
I am totally infested with these beastards. It has been 6 months since I started getting burrowed into. I just now have finally been able to see what they are ( well some of them )and I have captured a few from my hair and skin. My thought is they have to get 'bigger in size' before you can get or see one. They obviously get larger feasting on us! I have seen some pretty interesting and disgusting things. I know I have several different 'THINGS' on and in me.
The reason you cant get rid of them is because you haven't yet realized that YOU ARE THE HOST / YOU ARE THE ONE BEING USED TO MAKE THEM. THEY HATCH, or whatever you call it, OUT OF YOU. I know they get in ALL OF YOUR BODY..THEY HAVE TO ! Once one of the darn things gets just under your skin its to late. You can NOT dig it out, and I am sure that within a couple of hours it has laid 1000's of eggs that quickly hatch into small white worms. Those worms travel inside wherever they want. Id wake up some mornings to greasy spots all over the sheet 'only exactly' underneath my body. All of the tennis ball sized greasy marks had 1 white worm laying in it. I have had them in my mouth. Blown them out my nose...BEEN TOLD I WAS/AM CRAZY !! Or on drugs. People on drugs don't run around saying they have worms in them !!!! These worms , or MAGGOTS, are 1/4 inch long, at least 1/16 thick and 'Bubbled" like segments of beads strung together. They have a gray 'head', and are very hearty. They are what is hatched int he sore...or burrow hole. AMAZING that ONE of these things that look like little black spiders (If they have become large enough to see) WILL INFEST YOUR ENTIRE BODY. After that ...its survival I am finding out. I am figuring this out...AND I AM GOING TO BEAT THE BEASTARDS. If you need help or advice please mail me , I have found a few things that work [email protected]
|
Users who thank ENOUGHOFME for this post: senioress3 

replied June 26th, 2014
Doctors aren`t to blame. They don`t study parasites, researchers do.
|

replied July 20th, 2014
Hi All IO also have Sprintals and bites all over 90% of my body iks there a Holpital Treatment for Springtals
IK have seen many Doclors all think IK'm crazy I fear I wount last much longer Cheers Bill.
|

replied August 22nd, 2014
Springtails - contagious?
Are Springtails contagious? If I visit my friends house, could I 'contract' them and bring them into my car and house? Can I pass them to my cats?
|

replied August 22nd, 2014
my friend said her doctor put her on an extremely high dose of antibiotic and it seems to be working. She has a low immunity to begin with, but said after three years she didnt care, she just wanted them gone.
|

replied August 29th, 2014
Hi guys! I need help. My hair seems to be getting worse. Not to mention my skin.
Thank God we are moving soon. I believe the mold inside walls and ceiling has weakened our immune systems.
Is there anyway to get them out of hair before they start knotting it up
|

replied December 18th, 2014
Morgellons and Me
Hey everyone. I have also been infected with these bugs for over 3 years. It has been one hell of a fight, but finally in the last 6 months I am making the best progress I have ever seen. To be short, what worked best for me is to soak all clothes in Xtreme Cleen then treat everything (clothes, house, car) with Ozone repeatedly. Ozone really seems to do a number on these guys! Check out my blog it should be extremely helpful for someone in need of answers or looking to follow someone who is going through the similar suffering.
|