Medical Questions > Womens Health > Infertility Forum

infertility-understanding a semen analysis report

We have been married for 2+ years now. On finding out that we were not conceiving, we both did a series of tests. I was 'okay' and my husband was told to do semen analysis tests. Though sperm counts differed (increased over the year),some parameters remained unchanged-0.5 ml ejaculate volume,zero fructose,ph mostly acidic and high percentage of abnormal morphology sperm.
What do these recurring test results mean? How significant are they in evaluating our present medical condition and our hopes for having a baby?
I want to understand what these imply and what can be done about it. Our doctors have been pushing us to have an artificial procedure done for sometime now, but at the same time,we would like to know why and if there's something that can be done before the icsi/ivf.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 10th, 2011
Could an outbreak of mumps during childhood have caused this condition. If so, what is the best way to go about this?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....