User Profile
I have an important upcoming conference trip to Brazil and I have already made all of my bookings, which are not refundable. My wife and I are trying to get pregnant, and my wife has fertility issues that make it challenging to conceive. I recently read about Zika and realized that it is still recommended to wait three months before having unprotected sex after visiting a Zika zone. Before I booked my trip, I had been under the impression that the Zika outbreak was over. I am not sure what to do. On the one hand, cancelling the trip would be very difficult, but on the other hand I don't want to take the risk. Obviously many people are having children in Brazil. Is the 3-month rule still in place? How much of a difference will it make if I wear long sleeves and bug repellant at all times?

Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....