User Profile
I have had 3 sinus surgeries to open up my sinuses, my doctor has broken every bone in my sinuses except one. He said there is nothing else he can do except brake the other one.
I keep getting infections and get large green balls of mucous and blood from my nose.
Sometimes I get these balls even when I don't have an infection. I try to do the nasal washes but they make me feel like I am sick and I am laying on the couch or in bed for a day or two.

Would a cosmetic surgeon be able to do anything to help the situation? Or do you know?

I am in pretty good health considering some of my health issues everything is treated and under control.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 6th, 2009
Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Answer A6276

Cosmetic surgeon might help with this situation. Although, cosmetic surgery is not what you actually need. The green mucous might be a sign of chronic infection. The infection might be hard to cure because of the bad air flow in the nasal cavity and sinuses.
You might want to ask second opinion from another specialist for Ear, Nose and Throat or from cosmetic surgeon.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.