Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Infection with H. pylori bacteria

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
im 29 weeks pregnant and having pain in upper stomach and feeling sick and headaches and was told at last scan my baby to small

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion

User Profile
replied August 30th, 2010
General Q and A Answer A15787
Hi and welcome to the forum! I am glad that I can help you.

You want to know the cause of the symptoms that you experience.

Various women, when being pregnant, may experience nausea and vomiting, a condition that may appear in every trimester although most commonly in the first trimester. Gastric symptoms may appear without any underlying medical condition due to pressure of the uterus on the intestines, which appears in the third trimester. Heartburn is a symptom that appears in cases of acid reflux, acute or chronic gastritis or ulcers. It also appears in cases of underlying gastric infection caused by Helicobacter pylori.

According to the data that you described, you may or may not be experiencing any medical condition. You may need to have a serological test to exclude possible infection with H.pylori. You may also need to have a gastroscopy (a procedure where a flexible tube is inserted through the esophagus to examine the gastric lining). Consult a gynecologist in case you are prescribed medications for treatment of possible infection with H.pylori.

Please keep in mind that I provide medical information only. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please contact your doctor for further advice and information about diagnosis and treatment options.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.