I had the LEEP procedure done last Friday for abnormal cell changes. My doctor called and said the results came back with clear margins, but the pathologist noted that he saw infection. My doctor asked me to come in for a STD test, but, I have been with a faithful husband for 4 1/2 years. What other kinds of infection may have caused this? Could it be from the HPV which caused the cell changes?
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 23rd, 2008
I think you are right -- HPV could very well be the culprit (I had a problem with abnormal paps for about a year). I'm not doctor but, I can say that going ahead with the STD test is probably your next step. Many woman and men can have an infection for years and never know it -- so, while you and your husband have remained faithful to one another, a past sexual partner may have long ago infected one of you.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 28th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
It could be due to HPV or extension of urinary tract infection.I would suggest you to have cervical and vaginal swab for culture and sensitivity to sort out the problem.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.