User Profile
I want to get an industrial piercing put into the top of my ear. I've had the top of my ear pierced once and I had to take it out cause I don't know if it got infected or if it was rejecting but it hurt a lot, but I had that one done with a gun at a hair salon.

Do you think if I got an industrial done at an actual piercing place with a needle do you think it would have the same affect? I have 5 other piercings in the lobes of my ears, and I've never had an issue with any of them.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 14th, 2011
I'm assuming your other piercings were done with a needle? If they are fine, i'm sure this one will be. I've had an industrial before so awesome!!
|

User Profile
replied December 14th, 2011
My other ones where done with a gun as well ... but it was in the soft cartilage instead of the hard
|

replied December 15th, 2011
Haha. M comment was useless than. Sorry! Smile
|

User Profile
replied December 15th, 2011
It's ok .... a little reassurance is better than no reassurance.
|

replied January 6th, 2012
I advice you not to. I just went to the hospital the other day because I had to take the piercing out. It got so swollen and just wouldn't heal. Now I have to take antibiotics and look like a Van Gogh wannabe. My advice, if you already had problems with your helix piercing is to don't do it or you will end up like me.
|

replied April 1st, 2013
Don't ever get piercings with a gun, they are almost impossible to sterilize properly. I used to work in a tattoo/piercing parlour, and have heard too many stories about piercing guns...

Needles are safer if the piercer knows what they're doing, ask friends where a well-known piercer is and don't try your own cartilage piercings at home (it can go very wrong very fast). More expensive doesn't always mean better though, look at portfolios just as you would for a tattoo artist. All fresh ones look red and puffy, but if the placements are consistent its a good sign.

I've had my industrial pierced for 6 years now, had a bit of an infection when it was healing but aside from that its fine, and my favourite piercing Smile
|
Quick Reply