Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Indications and treatment of pelvic inflammatory disease

User Profile
I have had painful urination esp at the end of voiding, also at the same time i have very painful squeezing sensation in the mid-pelvic area "in area of a vertial incision from 3 previous c-sections the last being 25 years ago and the most recent 4wks post-op tah" i have never experencided these symptoms with my previous c-sections. i also had a ct of the abd and pelvis 2wks ago w/o contrast for lumps in my abdominal and pelvic areas,which was pockets of fluid and free fluiid. i was told my my surgeon that this is not a concern, although it does cause me much discomfot and sometimes pain. for now i have an appointment with a urologist for this thursday. i don't know what else to do. i'm upset because i feel the surgeon has just blown me off,i'm scared and i know when something is not right with my body.please try to respond back asap i need some advice as what to do and if seeing a urologist should be my first step. thank you duwave

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2009
Urinary and Bladder Disorders Answer A6393

According to the symptoms you provided, you might be experiencing pelvic inflammatory disease. There might be inflammation of the pelvic organs present.

A visit to your gynecologist, pelvic exam, pelvic ultrasound, and laboratory tests including urine and a urine culture with antibiogram are recommended.

You might want to check what causes this condition. If pelvic inflammatory disease due to infection is diagnosed, then antibiotics might be recommended to prevent the further spreading of the infection.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Urinary and Bladder Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.