Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Indent on butt ?

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I have an indent about 1.5 inches round and 1/2 to 3/4 deep on my right butt.No bruising but it is really achy and sore.don't have one on the other cheek. there is no color or tear to it .kind of aches all day although I'm on my feet for 10-12 hours a day.Could have bumped it but never heard of an indent like this. Feels better when I sit down to rest. Any suggestions?What is it?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 13th, 2010
Welcome to ehealthforum.
The description sounds abnormal. It would be better to visit your healthcare provider or doctor or an orthopedic surgeon to examine what you describe. The examination done will be able to tell you the probable cause for it.
You might need to get an x-ray or MRI of the affected region done if deep seated problems are suspected.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.