Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

"impulse bulge medial to spermatic cord" information?

Hello,

I've been dealing with hernia-like symptoms and would like some further information. 33y/o male, reasonably fit, automotive mechanic.

-Aug 30th performed a job with heavy lifting/straining (30-150% heavier than my normal amount). I do not recall feeling any sudden pain at the time, but may have not noticed it.

-Woke up next morning with sore testicles. I thought I squished them while sleeping, and pain reduced over the next few days (while off work). When returned to work, pain returned as well, but thought I was just continuing to agitate the testicles while working. Mild to moderate testicle pain over the next 2 wks, went on vacation and pain went away. Pain returned when at work again.

-Oct 8th the pain got much worse. Saw Dr and learned that Hernias can cause testicle pain. Saw Urologist the next day who ruled out any testicle issues.

-Nov 14th had ultrasound which says "right inguinal region shows a mild impulse bulge medial to the spermatic cord (direct type area) but not large enough to definitively constitute a hernia at this time".

From my symptoms, I am assuming I tore a little Aug 30 while straining hard and then tore worse Oct 8th. I also sneezed early Feb and (I assume) felt my intestines push through the tear, and then slowly return over several seconds.

So my questions are:
-is it normal to have no immediate symptoms (testicle pain the next day instead)?
-is this a fairly typical progression of symptoms?
-is it normal for it to only show a "bulge" while at ultrasound, but then a full hernia that retracts when straining elsewhere? I do have strong core muscles if that makes a difference

Thank you very much for any information.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2015
Welcome to e health forum.

1. Yes, if the injury is mild, the symptoms can usually present later on, when the injury increases.

2. Yes, this is a typical presentation, which is seen in many patients with possible testicular injury.

3. Your condition may not be a actual hernia. Possible conditions include epidydimitis or cyst of vas deferans.

You will need to work with your doctor or a urologist for proper diagnosis and treatment.
|

replied March 3rd, 2015
Thank you for the reply Doctor Anvekar.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.