Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

implanon- removed 3 weeks ago...

I got taken off IMPLANON about three weeks ago. I have yet to start my period but i have had cramping...could i be pregnant?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 31st, 2011
Hi,
Welcome back to ehealthforum,
If you had been sexually active after removal of Implanon, the current symptoms could be suggestive of implantation, or pregnancy. Other possibilities include your body trying to get back to normal. Wait and see if you start with your periods. If you do not get your periods within 10 days of expected period dates, consider getting visiting your doctor/gynecologist for examination (to look for signs of pregnancy changes in body) and blood HCG test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately).
Take care.

|

replied March 31st, 2011
thank you. the only other thing is i dont know when to expect my peroiod, being on the birth control made my periods irregular. I have been off the birth control since the 14th today is the 31st. Should i have started my period by now or could i still have irregular periods from being on the birth control? i was on it for two and a half years.
|

replied January 19th, 2013
Been on implanon for 2 and half years i had my period on 20th every months and last months did 4 test was positive went for blood test was negative my implanon was removed on 4th and period didnt came yet check 2 test was faint positive but next day check was negative
I didnt had sex after implanon removal but had sex before 6days implanon was removed
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.