hi, I'm 25 years old and have an upper impacted canine.I had an baby tooth below that which didn't fall since my childhood.I actually had an deep bite problem and consulted dentist for teeth alignment. The doctor found out about impacted canine and suggested me to remove the baby tooth and pull the canine down. Its more than a year now since the treatment is started and the impacted canine is still stuck in the gum and doesn't seem to come down at all. And i already lost my baby tooth and have gap in that place. The worst part is the tooth next to canine is going up instead of my impacted canine coming down !!!. I've lost of hope in pulling down the canine and requested doctor for alternatives. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas on this.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 17th, 2009
sometime the position of the impacted tooth intrupt the eruption of the tooth,i must tell u to go for radiography(x-ray) of ur impacted tooth,u must also see if the root of neighbouring teeth(lateral incisor and pre molar)intrupting the eruption,if sufficient space is not present for eruption.good luck
|

replied October 22nd, 2009
sounds like my problem! I have had my braces for more than a year and half. Last year, I had an oral surgeon open up the gum and put a button w/ chain on the impacted tooth. The baby tooth was removed. My ortho has been pulling the tooth down by tying a thin wire or rubbery string thing frm the chain to the archwire. Every 2 wks the ortho will retie the wire/or restring to tighten the pull. This is almost a year and the tooth is slowly coming down. The button is not visible enough yet to quicken the process. they need the button to show so at least they can use an elastic to attach to button and attach to my bottom brace. Anyway, as a result of them trying to pull down that freakin' tooth, the tightening wire or string is causing my upper teeth to go UP, making a space between my upper and lower teeth. augh! Next week, they will replace my upper archwire with a thicker wire so it's not so flexible and will prevent my upper teeth from going up.

I am just bearing with it. It's annoying, but I guess that's what I get for waiting so long to get my teeth fixed. I'm 31 so you're better off than I am! Because of this impacted tooth, this is causing my brace wear to be over 2 yrs... I'll just grin and bear it...if your upper teeth is going up like mine, they'll fix it in the end. Good luck!!!
|

replied November 29th, 2009
Hi I have just been reading your comments I have this very problem also, I spoke to my dentist but they told me its more cosmetic work? And quoted £2500 to have the brace fitted to pull my canine down, im 20 years old and a student so this is money that I just do not have, I am very conscious about the gap and hate smiling and speaking to people that I dont know as I can see them looking at it, I am off to see my GP tomorrow and see if they can refer me through the NHS, did you have to pay for your treatment? Thank You
|

replied January 12th, 2010
hi I am 20 years old and I have the same problem, except on Friday January eighth, While getting my wisdom teeth out, they also extracted my baby tooth and the canine as well. In two weeks I am going to go get braces too pull the gap together. This is all affordable due to my insurance of being a full time student.
|
Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....