Hello,

My boyfriend and I moved into our apartment last week, and I have been getting itchy red bumps fairly consistently since the move on my legs, arms and hands. This area of town has been known to have bed bugs (lots of students buying used mattresses, high turnover apts) so I am concerned that there were bed bugs in my apartment when we moved in (nothing used brought in, only our stuff from clean apts). I've also been bitten before at a friends house years ago, and these seem similar. The bites are very, VERY itchy, and sometimes are in groups of 2, and, though I could be imagining it, they seem to show up in the mornings.

However, my boyfriend hasn't been getting bit at all even though he is in the same bed and I can not find any evidence of bed bugs (no actual bug, no bloodstains on sheets). I have also been outside a lot and mosquitoes tend to like me, and I was getting bit during the summer, but not at this frequency. What continues to concern me is how many bites have been occurring over a long period of time and that this seems similar to my past experiences.

My questions are:

1. Could my bf be immune to bed bugs? That he hasn't been bit is my one glimmer of hope it is something else. He almost never gets bit by mosquitoes.

2. Is there a test or something I can do to rule out its bed bugs or be certain that it is? The current plan is to wear insect repellent to bed and outside for the next few days to see if I get new bites and to keep checking for bugs, but I'm wondering if there is something more scientific.

Any help will help! Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 12th, 2012
interesting, I'm the same way. found out I have bed bugs,but I never get bit, and I almost never get bit by mosquito's. There must be some correlation. Blood type perhaps?
|

replied May 13th, 2012
same
Same me, I'm 28 and with a bedbug infestation at home. However, I haven't been bitten by a bed bug, my gf was.
|

replied June 26th, 2012
I went and asked a doctor because we were having the same problem. I was waking up with bite marks all over and my boyfriend didn't have a single one.
It is a case where us people getting bitten are the ones that are allergic to the bugs that's why we are having symptoms show up. And yes they are immune to them. Which is a pain, because every time we think they are gone, because I haven't had bite marks for a couple days...and he doesn't get them at all..what do you know, another random bite comes up.

Did you get rid of them? How long did it take you, and what methods did you go through?
|

replied July 15th, 2012
e about the bed bugs, lice and crabs, also known as pubic lice.
The same thing with lice and crabs. I have been exposed to lice, crabs, and bed bugs and I do not get bitten or infested withj them. one thing is if you have oily skin or hair. if your hair is fine and soft they cant latch on. diabetics bnlood is poison to them as well.
|

replied May 29th, 2013
Did you find out? Where you guys infected with bedbugs?
I can help you to fight, because is a battle. They are really difficult to get rid of. Insecticides don't work. I found a natural way to kill them.
|

replied December 13th, 2013
I have a major bed bug infestation as well. I have never gotten a single bite, however my girlfriend is covered. I also rarely get mosquito bites, and am diabetic. I wonder if there has been any studies to find correlations between these factors.
|
Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....