User Profile
medication: Methotrexate 20mg
medical issues: undifferentiated connective tissue disease

My mother has been experiencing immune system problems and subsequent chronic pain, since getting her hip replacement approximately 9 years ago. She had a hip replacement as she damaged her joint through repetitive movements during martial arts training. Never had any chronic pain symptoms prior to replacement. Her quality of life is not very good right now, and despite all the toxic medication her rheumatologist keeps chucking at her, nothing has improved.

I believe that the titanium is acting like a pathogen and her immune system is constantly attacking her own body. My partner has titanium piercings and her body is constantly rejecting them - I can only imagine what the immune system would do to large metal objects deeply imbedded in the bone and tissue. She has visited many revision surgeons and none of them agree with her concerns. GPs don't know what to do. Please provide advice

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2018
Immune Disorders Answer A63932
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Titanium is nontoxic even in large doses and doesnot stimulate immune system of the body.Consult an experienced rheumatologist for evaluation of chronic pain.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Immune Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.