Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

im so ugly why do i feel this way ?

i feel really ugly i hate my face i have a big nose and big lips my eyes are too small and a few stupid ppl have asked me if im a guy i feel like crap i do not feel attractive at all
no matter if i put make up on i feel like nothing looks good on me my hair is shitty too what can i do to not feel like this anymore i really hate my body too some ppl compliment my body but i feel like there lieing to me i hate my looks i feel so ugly
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Nisha_charuk
|

replied July 24th, 2012
Why do you hate yourself so much ?
Unless you love yourself, you can't expect ppl around you to do so... Convince yourself first and then the rest.

Be thankful to God that he has created you with all those essential parts of the body which so many ppl on earth are deprived of.

Learn to appreciate yourself, keep yourself fit, exercise, meet ppl, make good friends, watch good comedy shows, keep smiling at good things, neglect negative comments.

Free your mind from negative thoughts and fill them with pleasant and positive thoughts. Love yourself and see the difference.

- Regards,
Nisha
|

replied July 25th, 2012
I have the same issue
For me... even when I am content with myself, i am smiling, enjoying the moment and feel prety, when I see the picks back from that moment I realize I am the uglyest person in the crowd. So my question is... what my thinking has to do with the way my body looks?????? I am ugly no matter happy or not. I just am. I am born this way. I am 27 years old. Not one guy payed any attentions twords me ever in my life (like romanticly or what not). So here. Positive thinking. I try to be as positive as I can be, but still I remain ugly. That's an objective fact not my imagination.
|

replied July 26th, 2012
Does a guy's action decide how u look? don't u? By TRYING to be POSITIVE things dont change my friend. when you know your previous picks bring frown on your face, why do you even attempt to look at it, remember those were the days you were unhappy about yourself, now that you have taken steps to be confident, happy and convince yourself that you are pretty. look back at picks that still give you that smile on your face.

I am sure you must have colleagues, friends and family members around you. Ask yourself this question. Why do they consider you around as an important person?

For a colleague - An important project player?
For a friend - A shoulder of comfort and company ?
For family - the perfect daughter / Sister ?

Are they around for your looks? or for what you are?

Lady, gone are those days when men used to wonder for beauty. They have realized that women with smartness, confidence, happy goer, family oriented thoughts are the right choice, looks hardly matters these days. The above qualities improves your looks to great extent. TRUST ME on this.

Have Passion for yourself, do things that motivates you and boosts your confidence. There will be many who would be admiring you for the same.

I can wish you all the best, but hold on lady. You are unique and special for your family and friends.
|

User Profile
replied July 26th, 2012
Experienced User
I sometimes feel that way but like it was said before if you don't love yourself how can you expect others I'm sure you are just imaging all these things you have love yourself everyone is different for a reason just have to believe that . Your self esteem may be low and think negative things because it's easier but truthfully you have to look after number 1
|

replied August 26th, 2012
Hey, my name is John. First, you are pretty. Get over it. Second, Excercise is the most attractive thing a woman/girl can do, both physically and psychologically. A guy sees a woman excercising and thinks, "wow, this chick takes care of herself without anyones help" and subconsciously he is thinking that your looks will only be getting better from excercise. And he also might think other things best left off this discussion page. But as a dude, The number one UNBREAKABLE law of dudes is that being self confident and happily independant are uncontrollably attractive. Looks will just come with the territory.
|

replied April 28th, 2013
Nisha_charuk wrote:
Does a guy's action decide how u look? don't u? By TRYING to be POSITIVE things dont change my friend. when you know your previous picks bring frown on your face, why do you even attempt to look at it, remember those were the days you were unhappy about yourself, now that you have taken steps to be confident, happy and convince yourself that you are pretty. look back at picks that still give you that smile on your face.

I am sure you must have colleagues, friends and family members around you. Ask yourself this question. Why do they consider you around as an important person?

For a colleague - An important project player?
For a friend - A shoulder of comfort and company ?
For family - the perfect daughter / Sister ?

Are they around for your looks? or for what you are?

Lady, gone are those days when men used to wonder for beauty. They have realized that women with smartness, confidence, happy goer, family oriented thoughts are the right choice, looks hardly matters these days. The above qualities improves your looks to great extent. TRUST ME on this.

Have Passion for yourself, do things that motivates you and boosts your confidence. There will be many who would be admiring you for the same.

I can wish you all the best, but hold on lady. You are unique and special for your family and friends.
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....