Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Im not sure if I should take antidepressants

Im not sure if I should take antidepressants
Im a teen girl in an controlling, manipulative and abusive relationship which no one knows about. My parents have also recently split up and I am finding it really hard to cope. I break down alot when I am out of sight and an finding it very difficult to be positive. I often dream about a better life and then when I wake up I have nothing to motivate me to get out of bed in the morning.
I didn't just wanr to start taking antidepressants without any form of advice so I was hoping someone could hekp me
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 5th, 2015
You should make an appointment with a psychiatrist. Find a local shelter or women's group online they can find you a free one. I'm here if you want to talk
|

replied January 5th, 2015
I was in a relationship that was a lot like the one you are in. It lasted 6 years. The only good thing from it was my son being born. I tried antidepressants and they would work for a time but then all of a sudden they wouldn't. Listen to LonelyLove. You need to get the hell out of the relationship and fast before you end up as another statistic.
|

replied April 18th, 2016
I've returned as I still am unhappy with life
I am now completely free from my previous relationship but still carry the secret
Family life isn't great
New relationships have failed
I have lost all friends and am so lonely
At night I sometimes have suicidal thoughts
I'm just scared about doing this alone
Anyone got any advice on what to do?
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....