Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

im bipolar, my boyfriend dumped two days after i had an abortion

I heartbreaker LOVED MY BOYFRIEND VERYYYY MUCH SOOOO. we had been together 3 1/2 months. when he dumped me. I have bipolar, and paranoia. so the relationship was always a bit strained with my constant downs, and ups, and constantly wondering what my boyfriend was up too (cheating on me or not). in a way i it was my fault for being the way i am and taking it out on him too much. Well anways i fell pregnant bout 2 months into our relationship. Was gonna keep it cause i dont believe in abortions, but he didnt. I loved him ,and still love him more than hell ever know. So i took the chance, and at seven weeks got an abortion to sort his life out Rolling Eyes . BIG MISTAKE!! two days later he dumps me, saying he cant deal with my depression or paranoia anymore, BY TEXT!!! i feel so hollow and twisted inside. i just want him back, hes the biggest love of my life.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 11th, 2009
Experienced User
I'm sorry to hear you were treated badly.
I know you love him. He's not a keeper. Honestly, if he were really in your corner, he wouldn't have took off so abruptly. I'm sorry you have to go through that loss, and the feelings related to the abortion. I hope you have some support from family and friends. Sometimes, we don't really know someone until the chips are down. You shouldn't blame yourself. If he was a more upfront person, he wouldn't have suddenly left, especially after you just went through a tough experience. I wish you happiness in the near future.
|

replied March 13th, 2009
Hey,i know how you feel...i had a bf for 2years and i fell pregnant.he wanted me to get an abortion...like you i didnt believe in it,but i did have a miscarriage at 6 and a half wks.he never spoke to me again...only now a year later hes getting around.like u,i blamed myself and swore i loved him.take it from me..this man is not worth it,i know its hard but you need to stick it out.i still care about my ex sure but i can see that he was never going to change or care the way i did or wanted him to...and i would never go back.this man made u give up something precious.u deserve to be treated well and do u think this guy loved u as much as u loved him?i dont want to be harsh but sometimes we need to hear it like it is.find a hobby meet new people.i promise it will get better:)good luck
|
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...