Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Immune Disorders Forum

im always "sick", I cant do anything, rest doesnt help

User Profile
Hello, i have this weird condition for over 2 years now, im always "sick". It all happened after a month of severe physical and mental activity (and some stress), i got "sick" and cant get better. Symptoms change over moths (or days), but the ones that stay sre:
- I am ALWAYS "tired" (strange feeling - between being really sick and just tired)
- Mild headaches 1/3 of the days
- ocassional sore throat
- CONSTANT (over 2 years) mucus in throat and nose
- ocassional insomnia
- the most annoying and unusual symptom: after EVERY moderate phyisical activity (30 min fitness etc) i get some wierd feeling in my body - i get chills, tingling, i feel cold on the inside, even though its hot and my body is warm. I cover myself up with 5 blankets, and it helps just slightly. The following days are the worst, all the above sympotms worsen. I cant do anything, rest doesnt help at all.

I dont (cant) do sports anymore, study harder, rarely go out. I am young, i eat healthy, try to live stress free.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 2nd, 2015
General Q and A Answer A53703
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Some of the symptoms like headache, sore throat, mucus, postnasal dripping etc all connect together as likely sinusitis and needs decongestants, nasal corticosteroids for the relief. Insomnia, generalized fatigue and other symptoms could be mere anxiety related and depression associted. Needs a psychotherapy evaluation for that. A baseline work up however is mandatory to rule out any organic cause in this regard.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counseling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.

Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Fitness, Stress
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Immune Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.