Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

im alone with kids and dont know what to do?

hi im a single mother of 2 teenagers,one is constantly at my mothers and she is very horrible to be,and apoils him and my other son gets left behind,also im not working since my dad died in 2007 and my partner whom i loved went back to his country,i am sort of with someone but he disappears now and again and has no money like me and no job,im on anti depressents which dont work,i cant cope with my debt and bills, also i am alone as where i moved to i know noone, im so isolated and hate my body now and everything about me.i never got over the life events of 2007,my eldest son is out of control and wants to be adopted by my mum and i just want to get away with my youngest son,im in debt and my boyfreind is no good either i just want to end my life or tun away with my younger son as he deserves better life then the one we are having now,my sisters are nasty too-i only really have my younger son and my boyfreind and his parents but his mum can be very harsh and i just dont know what to do.i am isolated and just am existing.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 3rd, 2012
im suffering from severe depression,anxiety,suicidal thoughts,dont want to do anything but runaway,can anyone out there help me?
|

I am sorry that you are feeling this way and I have those days too. I am a single mom of 4 kids and 2 that I struggle with daily but I can reassure you that it will get better. Life has its struggles and ending your life will do nothing but hurt everyone around you. You may thing that they dont care but they do. Teenagers are not easy to deal with and if you need to have your oldest go with your mom for awhile so you can get help for yourself and other children then maybe that is a good idea. Are you on any anti depressants or anxiety meds?
|

I am sorry that you are feeling this way and I have those days too. I am a single mom of 4 kids and 2 that I struggle with daily but I can reassure you that it will get better. Life has its struggles and ending your life will do nothing but hurt everyone around you. You may thing that they dont care but they do. Teenagers are not easy to deal with and if you need to have your oldest go with your mom for awhile so you can get help for yourself and other children then maybe that is a good idea. Are you on any anti depressants or anxiety meds?
|

replied September 4th, 2012
Yeah I'm on anti depressents my life is awful
|

User Profile
replied September 4th, 2012
Experienced User
Sorry to hear that. I think you need to pull youself together.maybe you need a friend to talk with you.
|

replied September 7th, 2012
I have no Friends
|

replied September 13th, 2012
Advice for Emerald
Ok. Instead of focusing on everything that is bad all at once you need to break it down. Take each problem you have and write some options down followed by a plan of action. Things always feel worse when you don't have a plan.
e.g Your anti depressants don't work- there are lots of options re medication out there. Make an appt with your GP to discuss. Don't assume all meds are the same, they aren't. A change of med could give you a much needed boost and an injection of positivity which is what you need to focus on the other issues of your debt etc. First sort the meds and let them take an effect. Once you begin to improve take each problem and tick them off one by one as you deal with them. When you are depressed everything is overwhelming and you can't see the wood for the trees. Get some clarity and strength and give yourself a break. Say nice stuff to yourself and allow yourself to matter. You can and will come through this bleak time if you accept that these issues can be sorted and life can improve. It won't happen in a heartbeat but it will happen over time.

'Pulling yourself together' isn't helpful Armstrong, it is the worst thing you can say to someone who is depressed. You don't feel that way by choice and you would happily 'pull yourself together' if it was a possibility believe me.

Take care Emerald and hang in there. Go see your doctor.
x
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....