hello,

i have a question i have one symptom that i know of hearing voices. i think i have another symptom but i am doing my best to ignore it. i find ignoring these voices and what ever else pop up has help me in alot of ways. but do they worst over time. i am taking medication for it. but i still have alot of question about it. can anyone help? my question is does it get worst over time even when taking the meds and has ignoring the voices and other symptoms help others?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 4th, 2010
ignorin it aint gonna change it did it for a while eventually find somethin to f**k your head least it didfor me
|

replied March 5th, 2010
Experienced User
chbluerose,

everything happens for a reason. Therefore, if something is happening to us which is not supportive of our inner peace and harmony, we should look at it looking , to find out what it is and why is it happening to us. Ignoring it may seem to work for a while but in fact, it just festers deep inside and may slowly get worse, to finally force our attention to itself. It is similar to a sore tooth. We may try to ignore the pain and while it still doesn't hurt much and sometimes only, it may be bearable. We can also take a pill to numb the pain. But when it gets rotten, we must eventually do something about it.

I admit that medication may often be needed to stabilize the person, help them function and even prevent them from harming themselves or others but I do not believe it cures the condition. There are underlying issues that need to be addressed, researched and understood. Until that happens, the solution is just being delayed.

There seem to be two extreme opinions with regards to what causes the so-called schizophrenia. One of them is that it is a medical condition doctor (medicine). And the other one that it is a so-called demonic possession Mad (church).

My experience is that the medical condition usually is but secondary to the unresolved issues in our psyche that call for our attention. They may have many diverse causes like traumas, confusion etc.

As far as the demonic possession is concerned, it often does have something to do with the dark forces but often it's just the souls of the deceased who, for some reason, bother the person and won't leave them alone. There have been many cases of people getting "miraculously" cured from "schizophrenia" when the spirits were taken away from them. But you won't read about that in the scientific journals, of course. The farmaceutic industry is an extremely powerfull lobby. And it is so easy to get labelled as "mentally unwell" and removed...

In any case, commonly accepted approach is to suppress the symptoms or to fight the demons. But the fact that all that has a much deeper significance, that it is often a desperate cry for help from the deep recesses of our psyche, is ignored in both camps.

Fighting it will not solve anything. The only way to regaining mental health is to make an effort to discover the causes of such problems, try to understand Question and accept them. Even the demons and malicious or confused spirits lead us to awakening Idea . Even they play an important part in our growth. sunny

Merrick
|

replied March 5th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
I agree with Merrick1 that you need to have your problem diagnosed and treated. Ignoring any disorder that causes you to hallucinate rarely ends well for you. However, Schizophrenia is not related to demonic possession other than some similarities in their symptoms. Schizophrenia is a medical disorder with a medical treatment. It is hundreds of times more common than Demonic possession. If you're hearing voices you should have yourself evaluated for schizophrenia or other more common mental disorders.
|

replied March 5th, 2010
Active User, very eHealthy
It honestly depends on what they are saying doesn't it. Should it even be ignored.
|

replied March 5th, 2010
What they (voices) are sayin don't matter dude it ain't real that's the hardest thing to realize, that none of it is real
|

replied July 7th, 2011
My partial experience
I also have schizophrenia and have been hearing voices. The medication has not helped and one day i totally re-evaluated myself. I alienated my family through things that I said that I believed were true. I blamed my father, mother, sister, and brother for horrible things that the voices said that they did to me. Every time I was around a family member, I could swear I heard them cursing at me, and I would bring it up to them, they would always deny it, and the people around them would say they heard absolutely nothing. I was afraid, and felt alone. This brought me to the conclusion that I do have a problem and many of the things I was hearing and believed were false. I am still hearing voices, but they have gotten better when I have learned to ignore them. Admittedly it is still scary, the things the voices say about the people around me, but as I continue to try and cope with them, life gets better and better. My advice to you is understand that the voices are not true, they are not right, in my mind they said things about people around me, and I believed them for a while, making my family around me become distant with me. With this illness we will need to learn to cope if we want to even remotely become normal once again.
|

replied July 7th, 2011
Active User, very eHealthy
Mine are kind've the other way around for some reason, they say true things about my family and others, horribly true things.

Sometimes I get confused, possibly to in the moment, but hey, people suck for the most part.

I was wondering what they said about your family, mine show me things about my family, not technically true sometimes, but it is what their heart, their core is.

So, a voice will say act like one of them in a conversation, but it won't have actually happened, it's just showing me what they truly are deep down, underneath all of the lying grins and b s lovey dovey crap, all lies and we all know it.

You have to pay more attention, the more I discover about my psychosis and voices, the more I should've listened to it, just have to do it right is all.

They just talk differently sometimes.

Paranoid? You have a good reason, and yet, they will all say, we would never do that, I'm appalled!
|

replied July 7th, 2011
Experienced User
When I first began hearing voices, they sounded like actual people I knew at the time -- same sound, voice pitch, inflection, etc. At first, it was very upsetting and really difficult to discern between the two, but eventually, I was able to tell the difference. The things they were saying were a bit off. Same voice, totally different personality. I find it interesting that I now live on the other side of the map from those people, and I'm still hearing the same voices.
|
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....