Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

If you think you or someone you love may be Bi-polar

User Profile
Hi, I am Bi-polar. Although i am only 17, i know a lot about the disorder.
It occured in me after my mom died at the age of 13. One of the most difficult things for a Bi-Polar person is being in a relationship (not to mention how difficult it is for the other person). A BP person in a relationship will crave drama, sex and will potentially have problems with lying. Not all people are the same, but typically if untreated, it is very unpleasant being with a person who has BP disorder.
Here are most of the symptoms to Bi-polar disorder:
-Random mood swings
-Lying
-Denial
-Crave for attention/drama
-Promiscuous
-Depression
-Pessimistic thoughts
-inability to focus (similair to adhd)
-Paranoid

If you think you maybe be Bi-polar, go talk to a counselor/doctor. you can get tested and put on a medication that can reduce your symptoms and balance your brain activity. BUT, Multiple personality disorder has a lot of the same symptoms as Bi-Polar disorder, so if you've been put on meds for BP and you don't feel them working, ask your doctor about multiple personality disorder.
If you get medication for BP from your doctor, this also contains a small dose of anti-depressants.

the meds usually take about 4 or 5 months to fully kick in, and during that time you'll need to work on controlling yourself to the best of your abilities. you can ALWAYS control your Bi-polar with will to change. No excuses. if you have any other questions, ask.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 16th, 2010
Experienced User
Thanks. I really think my ex is bi polar, he has most of the chracteristics you posted, especially the denial, change in moods, depression, etc.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...