Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

If you don't like your depression, do something about it!

User Profile
So I know that it's going to be super difficult but I'm sick and tired (literally) of being so depressed and it isn't helping me being like this all the time. My sweet angel helps me overcome and realize everything, like what I am doing and how I want to change as a person, we had a huge conversatoin last night about how it's effecting me and even her also, and I don't want to do that to her anymore, she says she misses the real me that used to be so optimistic. So my goal and main focus is to be that way a lot more. I told her that I am terrified of losing her and she said that's not going to happen, but me being like this isn't helping her and might in fact be the reason why I do if it does happen. She also explained to me about how if I was worthless and all these things I believe I am I wouldn't be here right now, and that there is obviously a purpose for me in life. She also gave me examles of how people in her class are twice our age and former drug junkies and haven't gave up and are finding hope by changing themselves and bettering their lives and if they can do it, I am more than capable. In the end it is all up to me, because nobody can take away my joy unless I give them my consent and permission to, including myself. So I know it's going to be a challege, but I have to stay positive and shake the negativity and lies out of my life. I know I can prevail and I will. Here's a poem I found online a couple months ago that I said I was going to live by, but haven't.... yet:

Promise Yourself

"To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.

To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person you meet.

To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.

To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.

To think only the best , to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.

To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.

To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.

To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.

To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.

To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.

To think well of yourself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not in loud words but great deeds.

To live in faith that the whole world is on your side so long as you are true to the best that is in you."

Hope this poem can give all others the strength and will to better themselves and their lives regardless of what they are dealing with because I can promise you that life will become better and easier if you take the first step and realize that you can significally change your life just by changing your mindset. Your mind is a powerful thing and you CAN change it regardless of what you want to think. All I can tell you guys is to just take a chance and try, what have you got to lose? When your at rock bottom the only way you can go is up! That is exactly what I intend on doing. I owe all of this to my amazing blessing, I don't know what I would do or where I would be if it weren'y for her. She truely is my angel, and I'm an so very thankful for her.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Jasmyn
|

User Profile
replied May 29th, 2011
Experienced User
Soo proud of you =] I know you will get through this!
|
Users who thank LiftmeUp for this post: Jasmyn 

replied May 30th, 2011
Hi LiftmeUp! So glad to hear that you can even write the poem. I'm sure you know that is a very positive thing when suffering from this horrible depression. Also the fact that you have someone to support you totally and 100%-not the occassional phone conversation, is a GIFT and plz take it from me and countless others I'm certain. You have 2 things tht are clear in ur post in your favor-support and strength.Provded nothing major happens that sends you in the downward spiral, I bet you're gonna be ok. Good Luck to you and best of health. Smile Kell
|

User Profile
replied June 1st, 2011
Hi I know that you congratulated LiftmeUp but really it's Jasmyn you meant. I don't know if you got confused or what....but thanks I guess?
|

replied June 1st, 2011
OMG Jasmyn I'm sorry! Yes you are absolutely welcome. OHHH boyyy we can see where my state of mind "isn't". lol Smile
|

User Profile
replied June 3rd, 2011
Experienced User
Lol it's easy to reply to the name/post right above you. The reply buttons are kind of new. It happens Smile
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....