Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Breastfeeding and Nursing Forum

if I smoked pot and I want to go back to breastfeeding

if I smoked pot and I want to go back to breastfeeding my child, how long should I wait?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2015
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
For occasional users it can stay in body upto 4 days, for frequent users it can stay upto 10 days and for regular users or extreme users it can stay upto 70 days. Drinking lot of water helps to flush out the drug faster. For further clarification and assistance visit your doctor/gynecologist. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your child’s treating doctor/pediatrician and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Breastfeeding and Nursing , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.