Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

IF I became pregnant will my lining have time to thicken?

User Profile
I had a positive OPK on cycle day 6. (Clear Blue Easy Digital) Last cycle was only 21 days long. I have had 5 early miscarriages in the last 2 years. Since I live on a small island in the Ionian Sea I don't have access to great medical care. What I do know is my FSH is normal at 5,6...on day 3 of my cycle. (Even though I am 42). However, 2 months ago my CD 21 progesterone was only 0.50 in which the doctor said I probably did'nt ovulate. But, 9 days later I got my menstrual period. May I also add that same cycle on day 24 I got a VERY light positive on an HPT, then a negative then a period. 2 days after the positive I have been taking 100mg of Utrogestan 3x a day starting 3 days after ovulation. In your opinion, is there any hope for this possible pregnancy? Or IF I became pregnant will my lining have had adequate time to thicken? I understand this could be LPD??
Thank you so much for your time!!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 20th, 2011
Ovulation and Ovaries Answer A23176
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

It is very important to find out first that what is the cause of recurrent miscarriages.It can be chromosomal abnormality or falling progesterone levels.FSH being normal is a good sign.If there is no other underlying abnormality as ovarian cysts,Endometritis,PID then possibility of pregnancy is there as low progesterone levels can be corrected well by supplements and they help in sustaining the pregnancy and also thicken the uterine lining.
Consider visiting a Gynaecologist for pelvic examination to rule out any other underlying disorder.
Take Care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ovulation and Ovaries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.