Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

If all these tests have come negative then...

User Profile
Accuracy of tests.Do i need more tests???

Dear Doctor,

I have taken following tests in past 4 months:

1 3rd week-ELISA test
2 5th,7th,9th,11th,and at 83 days-ECLIA Antigen and Antibody test
3 90 days -Tridot test
4 15 weeks-ECLIA test
5 108 days-Antigen and Antibody DUO tests results:-0.01 Antigen value and 0.07 Antibody value-NON REACTIVE
6 120 days-ECLIA test

All tests have so far come negative.But i am experiencing symptoms like on and off rashes on legs and arms they stay for an hour and dissapear then again comes at different place.Dizziness and neck pain.Some swelling also( iam not sure but feel)Some loose motions as well.Am i safe??If all these tests have come negative then what are those symptoms i am experiencing??Do i need to taken PCR tests, iam afraid to take because of its false paositives rates..So far i have taken only Antobody and antigen tests only as described above..Please advice!!!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 17th, 2011
HIV and AIDS Answer A19745
Hello and thank you for posting your medical question on E health forum.

HIV is diagnosed based on the serological detection in the blood samples. It is not diagnosed on the basis of nonspecific signs and symptoms.

Your symptoms of rashes, neck pain, loose motions, etc are very nonspecific and are not diagnostic of HIV infection.

Since repeated ELISA tests again and again have been negative, you need not worry at all.

You do not have HIV infection, and those tests are CONCLUSIVE proof of your HIV negative status.

You do not need further testing, anymore. There is no risk of infection to anyone.

Any repetition of tests will definitely be negative at this point.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.