Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Twins & Multiples Forum

Ibuprofen- 1600 mg, possible it can make me miscarry?

I took 3 pills of ibuprofen which is 1600 mg is it possible that it can make me miscarry ???? I'm 21 weeks pregnant with twins?? & I had no idea ibuprofen is bad during pregnancy a lot of women got me worried they said it actually might cause a miscarriage
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 23rd, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
NSAIDS like ibuprofen should be avoided in pregnancy specialy during 1st and 3rd trimester.

If you are not having any abnormal contractions ,lower abdomen pain or usual discharge you are safe.
Instead of ibuprofen you can use acetaminophen for pain, which is safer option in pregnancy

Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Pregnancy
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Twins & Multiples , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.