Medical Questions > Mental Health > Stop Smoking Forum

I was told after inquiry that the lungs never heal?

User Profile
After giving a brief medical history via phone to make an appointment due to experiencing constant coughing, the receptionist (telling her that I had not smoked in over 30 years), I was told after inquiry that the lungs never heal, or rather rebuild new cell tissues as I always heard by medical reports. Is this true?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2011
Stop Smoking Answer A25154
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on your status without examining you. You should consider visiting a Pulmonologist at the earliest for further evaluation and investigations (PFT tests) to look for the underlying cause. Get x-ray imaging done of chest to rule out any other underlying problems.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Stop Smoking , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.