Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

I was just wondering if this is schizophrenia??

Okay... im a girl, and whenever someone isnt around, I pretend someones with me, like someone I like, or a bf and I talk to them, sometimes outloud and I create their responses in my head, and have full conversations with them, and pretend we're sitting together, or if im eating, "we're eating" and I can usually believe their actually there, and I read online that it's a sign of schizophrenia...and my mother was Diagnosed with schizophrenia a long time ago, and I was just wondering if this is schizophrenia??
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 8th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Can you hear their voices back? Do they respond? If so yes this could be a sign of schizophrenia. Keeping in mind your family history you should see a psychiatrist for a prompt diagnosis and treatment.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Schizophrenia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.