Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Introduce Yourself Forum

I was gone a bit but now I'm back

Hi I'm Suzy, 48yrs old. I have multiple health issues, and try to keep going. I use humor to help deal with it all. I have 2 grown sons. I grandson. I live in PA. I would like to meet others with the same health issues, it helps having friends who understand your pain, and to share ideas, and get suggestions.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 31st, 2010
Supporter
Hi Suzy, Can I ask what your health issues are? I'm 44 years old and suffer from what the doctors now think is Fibromyalgia. I would love to talk to someone else who deals with this or something similar. Not many people understand the chronic pain and feelings of fatigue that go along with fibro. it's very frustrating.

Wendy
|

User Profile
replied January 31st, 2010
Supporter
Hi, suzydep. Welcome back to ehealth forum.
I skimmed your previous posts and saw that you have back problems like me. I have disc degenerative disease, arthritis in my lower back, and mild scoliosis so I can understand how you feel. I had three spinal injections in October that have been a lifesaver to me. Unfortunately, they are wearing off and I will need to have more. So far- fingers crossed- I have been able to avoid surgery. I am interested in learning about any alternatives to surgery so please feel free to share your knowledge and experiences.
Once again, welcome back. We are glad to see you.
|

replied February 1st, 2010
Hi, I had no choice but to have the surgery. If I didn't I would have ended up with permant damage or paralized. Please bear with me I am not computer savy and I am having trouble getting my messages and then posting replies. But once I figure it out I should be ok. lol
|

User Profile
replied February 1st, 2010
Supporter
Take your time, suzydep. I try to check this forum once a day.
I was wondering if you had tried any other procedures before surgery that might be options for me. I am not anti- surgery, I just don't want any pain, possible complications, cost, and recuperation if I can help it. I know that surgery can and does help some people.
|
Tags: back health
Quick Reply