Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

i want to stop my pregnancy

i'm pregnent and tested with UPT the result is +ve. bt i dont want to become pregnent now. its already 12 days over. how can i stop my pregnancy
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 30th, 2010
Welcome to ehealthforum.
You cannot ‘stop’ the pregnancy now. It has already occurred. If you do not want to continue with the pregnancy, then visit your gynecologist to get examination and tests done to confirm the gestational age of the pregnancy and decide on the best measure to go ahead with abortion/MTP (medical termination of pregnancy) based on the examination and test results. The abortion/MTP has its own risks for your health, life and future pregnancies. Discuss the risks and benefits properly before deciding on it.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Pregnancy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.