Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

I want to know if I have Schizophrenia.

User Profile
I want to know if I have Schizophrenia. A few months ago I started seeing shadows or just things. I would then curl up in a ball, hyperventilate, and zone out. When I came out my zoned state I would have been in the same spot and unaware of what had been going on for the past few minutes.

Lately I've been breaking down and freaking out when I hear something. Like one night at my grandma's I was downstairs watching a show. I then felt the sudden urge to scream and cry like something was trying to make me feel bad.

I ran upstairs and hyperventilated. I've spent all night researching Schizophrenia, and some of my habits lately have been matching symptoms.

What should I do? I feel scared.4

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 7th, 2011
Schizophrenia Answer A21693
Hello.

It would be too hasty to call these symptoms as part of Schizophrenia. These could be due to a number of possible reasons. You may need to consult a psychiatrist and a Neurologist for a definitive diagnosis. Please talk with your parents or your guardians about this.

Take care.

Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD

(This post is for the purpose of providing medical information and is not a substitute for a face-to-face consultation with a doctor. This post is not intended to give or rule out a diagnosis, create a doctor-patient relationship or replace an existing one. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please consult with your doctor or a qualified healthcare provider for diagnosis and treatment options)

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Schizophrenia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.