Medical Questions > Parenting > Adoption Forum

i want kids, not a wife

hello,
im the kind of guy who really loves kids. but i dont want to get married. but my family keeps on tellling me that i should have a wife... but i dont want to be married, i just want kids... now, my only solution is adopt, should i?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper mcilvaine
|

replied November 8th, 2013
I believe you should think about that child you would like to have, and whether it will be happy being raised in a broken family or by a single parent. I think that this should be your biggest concern. Maybe you haven't met the right person yet, and it would be better to wait.
|

User Profile
replied November 2nd, 2014
Experienced User
Anyone can raise a kid.Broken home? Theirs no home to be broken if thers not two people there to separate while the child is there,its not a broken home.Just a single parent household. My friend is an army dad to an 11 year old.Has been the whole life of the child.His kid is an awesome person.You dont need two people to raise a child,just the right tools.
|

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2015
I agree with you OutdoorsNaturist. Well it is difficult to be a parent now a days and even more difficult if you are alone. Your relationship with your child will be closer than it would be if you were in an adult or any relationship. So single parenting is a good option to go with. Consulting a family lawyer may help to accomplish this in a legal way.
|

replied July 15th, 2015
Extremely eHealthy
So who will take care of a baby while you work to support the child or children.
|

User Profile
replied November 20th, 2015
Think of the wellbeing of the kid first. If you adopt a kid, you will take off his chance to be raised by a mom at the same time...
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied November 12th, 2016
I'm a single dad who adopted a kid. I did not have an interest in getting married, as of this writing I am not married or looking to be. I adopted an older kid who was 6 at the time, it has been almost 2 years since the adoption. Most people are supportive but some think it is "weird" for a single man to adopt on his own. My desire to adopt was stronger than anyone's negative opinion so I could have cared less.I adopted through a public agency so the only financial cost to adopt was gas money to drive to various classes and meetings. It took about 2 years (at least) from the time I took my first class to the time I actually had a child move into my home.The first one did not work out, the second one did work out; other people I knew were matched with 3 or 4 different children before finding one that was the right fit.
There are of course challenges in raising a child, especially an older adopted child who has never gotten the real concept of family. I think they believe that if things get difficult they can change families because that has been their life. They move to different families, they don't have permanency but once they get adjusted, get a real concept of family, they slowly mature and things get much easier but you have to work for it and stay firm. Don't be afraid to make them angry, in fact if the child is never angry you may not be doing your job. My son thought that all he should do was play and not do homework or chores. So, of course he was upset when he saw it would not be that way. It is a great experience and I may even adopt a second child and this is whether or not I get married.
|